Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best current conditions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok,

So like many snowheads i'm bored at work and need to get away, i have some holiday to use up so where is the best place i could go in the next month or so? I'm having trouble tracking down any package holidays - so i take it i wud have to arrange it myself..

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated, i'll probably be a solo skier and would prefer to go somewhere that spoke some English becuase i intensely dislike being somewhere i don't speak the language!

Rich
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zermatt
Tignes
Les 2 Alpes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
magicrichard, the Pre-season Bash of course in Oct, Les 2 Alpes!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hintertux
New Zealand
South America
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think New Zealand and South America are probably out of my budget Sad

I looked on the Les 2 Alpes website, but it looks like there is only 3cm of snow at the moment? Am i looking in the right place?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magicrichard, I think you may find the glacier close in a few days anyway.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doh, never mind. Back to the drawing board then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magicrichard, I was in Austria last week and skied at Hintertux. Conditions were improving and over the last week, you will note that they have had a lot of precipitation in central Europe, which was falling as snow on the glacier while we were there. That glacier is open 365 days a year (or that is the boast) and it is not far from either Innsbruck or Salzburg.

English is widely understood (we speak no German and got by).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, Did you arrange your own flights etc..? Everything seems to be vastly expensive at the moment..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went with Ryanair. As it was fairly last minute they weren't particularly cheap.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
magicrichard, I was also in Hintertux last October, and flew Stansted-Salzburg with Ryanair. At the time I paid £50 return inc taxes, and looking at their website, there are a few £2.99+tax departures, with £19.99+tax returns available in the next month. Of the summer ski areas that I've been to, Hintertux is probably the best, but Tignes, Zermatt and Saas Fee are all OK too. You won't have a problem with English wherever you go!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK, have made a good start, and tracked down some good prices for flights to loads of locations..- thanks Plake Smile

Finding accomodation is my next task then..this is proving trickier for single traveller than i thought - is my only option going to be a hotel ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
magicrichard, when we went last week the hotel was practically empty and even gave us half price for our daughter staying on her own in a double room. I wouldn't think that being on your own would be a problem in September, the hotels would be keen to have you.

We stayed in in a huge suite in a lovely 4* hotel, half board - with good choice buffet breakfast and 6 or 7 course evening meals at €70p/p/n.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
magicrichard, I suggest you contact the hotels direct rather than go through an intermediary such as an online booking service, or even a local Tourist Office. As Ray said, any hotel that is open in September will be pleased to see you and will no doubt offer flexibility on bookings for single travellers and on price.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy