Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Schizo Position on a Ski

Poster: A snowHead
What I would like to know is where the exact position regards the boot centre and ski centre line (lengthwise!) should a Marker Schizo be mounted.

I have spent this morning mounting the Schizo on a dummy ski - a piece of wood!

Look forward to you replies. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mounting position is something of a personal choice. Most skis have a sidewall mark which shows the suggested point for the boot center. This tends to be about 7 cm behind the core center of the ski, but varies by model and manufacturer.

One nice thing about the Schizo is that it gives you a chance to adjust your mount position without re-drilling the ski.

Where you actually drill the holes will depend on your BSL- most shops have a jig that will show them the spots for each binding.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The schizo gives you movement of +/-3cm, most people will mount the schizo so when boot centre is above the recommended mounting point (note not ski centre), the binding will be at 0. This will give you +/-3cm from manufacturers recommended, somewhere between +1 to +3 will probably take you to ski centre (which is usually used for park type skiing) and -1 to -3 would give you a more powder ski type mount. I guess if you were only interested in the more powder end you could mount the binding so +3 was at recommended mark which would give you -6cm from here or vice versa if you were only interested in park (although not sure anyone would ever want to be +6?) I hope I have explained this clearly and apologies if any of this was too obvious.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MEfree30, hi and thanks for the reply, so in simple terms the centre point of the boot is 7cm behind the actual half way point of the ski?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lynseyf, thanks for the response, I am answering in turn.

Ok so I follow the 6cm tarvel distance. What I am trying to achieve is the mounting point. I do follow you with your explanation/description, I am trying to determine the point where 0 needs to be (bearing in mind I do not do Park.

So should the 0 be at 7cm behimd the centre of the ski?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What ski are you trying to mount it too? Do you have a jig?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roche1800, do your skis not have any mounting marks at all?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jammiefreerider, some new Movement Source (replacement under warranty!)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lynseyf, there appears to be a some sort of marking about 10cm back from the centre point of the ski.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jammiefreerider, i forgoit to answer the point on a jig, no I dont but i have managed to do a mock up on a some timber, so on my dining room table I have a Schizo fixed to some timber with a ski boot mounted!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roche1800, If you are doing it by hand.....Very Happy .....then these may be useful? Drill once, measure lots, got the right drill bit?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/153971-Binding-Mount-Paper-Templates
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carroz, many thanks, just had a qick look and cant see Schizo!!

Yep will be doing it by hand and feel confident as the mock up has worked perfectly, just not quite got my head round the exact position at 0 for the boot centre!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roche1800, marker jester etc template with schizo unverified at end of description, means check and try on piece of wood as you have done. There is also a guide on TGR on how to use them, just look in the thread
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carroz, thanks for explanation and pointing me to the template.

What I now need to get my head around is with the Schizo in the 0 setting (so it can either go forward 3cm or back 3cm) where should the boot centre point in relation to the ski.

There is a mark, a chunky line, about 10cm back from the centre of the ski.

I am absolutely confident to do the actual drilling etc in the correct position, where is the reference point to work from? Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
roche1800 wrote:
lynseyf, there appears to be a some sort of marking about 10cm back from the centre point of the ski.

This is probably where you want the 0 to be. I was guessing 7 cm, but it could be 10 cm- if you are not doing park, this is unlikely to put you too far back in that you will be able to go between 7-13 cm behind

I'll add that you are pretty game to be mounting your own skis if you don't know what a side wall suggested mounting mark is. Good luck and enjoy!
ski holidays
MEfree30, cheers for the response and this is why I want to make dead sure it is in the right place.
latest report
roche1800, Ring up movement / email them or the distributor in uk and ask before you drill anything! I think you basically need the freeride line.
ski holidays
Yep already done that and wait for a response, thanks
latest report
Have a look at the serial number/size/random numbers is by the logo in the middle of the ski. In the middle of all those numbers is an arrow. That arrow is you mounting point that lines up with the mid sole of the boot. At least thats where it is on the Movement Jams.
snow report
And that is what Movement have confirmed today that the arrow is the mid boot mounting mark.

So thank you everyone.
snow conditions

Inserts successfully fitted

Finished product on 2 pairs of skis

Cheers all
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy