Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new invention to help push your feet into your ski boots really easily, no effort!

Poster: A snowHead
Launched the slippin at Earls court ski show last month, sold loads and lots of interest from the skiing fraternity, it works brilliantly and its cheap to buy! Spotted a forum from last year about people struggling to get their boots on so just letting you know there is a solution. See our web sight www.slippinltd.com to view a demo. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ordinarily this would be straightforward spam but the 80s tribute video on the website is well worth a look.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob wrote:
Ordinarily this would be straightforward spam but the 80s tribute video on the website is well worth a look.

+1 it's hilarious Laughing

This is a essentially a sliding sheet as used in hospitals to shift immobile patients.

Could probably make your own 'slippin' by cutting up a piece of a cheap pac a mac type thing, Decathlon were flogging them off for 99p last year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tenner for a bit of nylon?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, saw them at the London show and was left wondering why any one who'd checked them out shelled out a tenner rather than borrow the idea and improvise with a suitably slippery carrier bag! As to the video guess it is old enough that slippery synthetic material was an innovation when it was made!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's like one of those pitches you see on dragon's den... when they rock up in a years time and are asked 'how much have you put into this so-far'?
A good idea that is not needed for all skiers, but the kind of product that is unsellable... might be worth it as an add on for boot manafacturers or even shops..??... but IMO it is a 'give-away' item... I bet the product is totally unprotectable too.
It also worried me that people think that the skiing in that video is suitable for any kind of marketing of a modern product, same with the images on the website.... anyhoo... good luck girls!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't get it. Does this problem actually exist?

Dragons Den seems to have convinced thousands of people that businesses like this are actually a good idea. I do hope nobody has given up the day job on this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Monium wrote:
I don't get it. Does this problem actually exist?

Yes, I managed to snap the tongue on the inner boot last season by pulling it so hard to try to get my foot in, still not worked out what to do about fixing that.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have this problem its a mare to put my boots on at times
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I normally use the muscles in my legs to push my feet into my boots, novel idea I know. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Surely when buying boots the fitter shows how to put 'em on Madeye-Smiley

Spyderman, do you put your zipfits on first before pushing your feet in the shells ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't get it either.. .tongue out - foot in... done....
But some people swear of the custom tight fit... hard to put on but comfy all day and all that malarky....
Never seen any racers with a plastic bag in their hand before a race!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...I've got an equally new, amazing invention designed to get ski boots on, it's a combination of cognitive skill (undo the buckles and pull the tongue of the boot forward...), balance (stand up on one leg) and thigh muscle (press down)....incredible....it's possible someone else may have discovered it (eg spyderman) but I am considering a patent....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flangesax, I struggle to get my instep round the corner if you see what I mean, I pulled the tongue that hard on one occasion last year it snapped at one side. I really could do with a partner to hold the boot cuff wide open. Sometimes if the boots are cold it is nigh on impossible to get them on. I often have trouble with other kinds of boots, wellies etc trying to get my foot round the corner.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarah, I don't think a piece of nylon will help your ankle flex in a new direction. The problem is surely people who are stupid enough to put their boots on sitting down.
snow conditions
valais2, Will contest your patent unless you credit me as co discoverer Laughing Laughing
snow report
lindsay wrote:
Launched the slippin at Earls court ski show last month, sold loads and lots of interest from the skiing fraternity, it works brilliantly and its cheap to buy!

End of the day the product 'worked' as in sold. OK Everyone else maybe stupider than you, but well.. are they???
snow report
I know a better invention for this Full Tilt boots!
ski holidays
allanm wrote:
lindsay wrote:
Launched the slippin at Earls court ski show last month, sold loads and lots of interest from the skiing fraternity, it works brilliantly and its cheap to buy!

End of the day the product 'worked' as in sold. OK Everyone else maybe stupider than you, but well.. are they???

Lots of people, years ago, bought ski slings at the ski show Embarassed
snow report
I had to use plastic bags after a pretty nasty sprained ankle from a motorbike crash left me unable to put pressure on my foot for a few months. Getting my right ski boot on took two people and a hell of a lot of pain Sad
snow report
sarah, don't pull the tongue up or forward, pull it to the outside edge and the foot will slide in without any problems...pulling the tongue forward or up like many people do only creates a smaller space to get you foot in
latest report
CEM, thanks for the reminder Smile Sheer frustration I think pulling the tongue every which way, really helps if someone opens out the cuff but not always possible. Will try harder Embarassed
ski holidays
Have to say I bought one - not for me but for the Mrs and any one else that I then take to the lift in the van and have to wait ages whilst every one faffs around getting their boots on - and it does work like a f'ing dream !!!
latest report
I've got some new footbeds this year and they are rubberised which is really hard to slip your foot in as merino socks just stick to them..right pain, hope it wears down soon...still surely a tescos bag is chjeaper and just teh same as the above.
latest report
It looks suspiciously like my swim bag! But hey, I'm willing to try anything to help me get my boots on.
snow conditions
People who have trouble getting into ski boots tend to have high insteps. This product reduces the available volume to get the instep round so doesnt help these people...
latest report
A combined tool for carrying your skis and getting your boots on is urgently needed! wink
latest report
jammiefreerider, yeah... by a whopping 2mm?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bones wrote:

Spyderman, do you put your zipfits on first before pushing your feet in the shells ?

Yes, I lace myself up in the liners first then put the shell on. Taking then off, I leave the liner in the shell. I can get my foot out, but not in, with the liner in place. I've tried leaving them in, but I find I can never get them "just right" unless I put the Zip-Fits on first.
latest report
Used to find plastic bags quite useful for getting wet wetsuit boots on.
latest report
Colin B wrote:
A combined tool for carrying your skis and getting your boots on is urgently needed! wink

Ah that's easy, it's called a boyfriend.
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
sarah, don't pull the tongue up or forward, pull it to the outside edge and the foot will slide in without any problems...pulling the tongue forward or up like many people do only creates a smaller space to get you foot in

Didn't know that Blush though don't really have problems getting boots (unless they've been left in the freezing cold).
snow report
Old thread I know, but.......

I have a high instep and getting ski boots on can be sheer agony and involves a LOT of effort. I've damn nearly pulled back muscles getting into them. I tried one of these gizmos last year, and they DO work. I guess they are a little like incontinence pants...... i.e. if you suffer from this problem then the cure is great. If not, you won't see what the fuss is all about.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy