Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Senator John Kerry is a snowboarder....

Poster: A snowHead
PG, Wink. But, he's better than the riff-raff, you know. Just ask him and he'll tell you! NehNeh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know. But I just can't resist. Regularly gets me into trouble!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think ssh, was giving me a nudge in the ribs. However, in an election year with the monstrous lie machines in full flow, it's valid and responsible to call it as you see it. It's perhaps a result of my home in Europe rather than CONUS, my background with Uncle Sam the Man, and my access to news systems that aren’t designed to meet the intellectual standards of a fifth grade goldfish.

Anything I say in this forum about the USA’s politicians is protected by my first amendment rights, even if Ashcroft is trying to turn that into a roll of ‘Charmin’

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t lean toward any party affiliation, but I keep an interest in both domestic and international law and human interaction. From that I have some quite firmly held opinions.
The (very shortened) list

· Most long-term politicians are sociopaths.
· Even if they weren’t when they first stepped onto that career path
· Most political systems have become the whores to vested international or megarich personal business interests.
· And right now the pimps are mentoring their own toms.
· We are ALL well and truly f****d unless some semblance of electoral reform removes ‘big’ money and blind bigoted arrogance out of governance.
· Within possibly ours and certainly our children’s lifetime, gobal conflict will begin because of loss of the basic requirements for human life (water, food, etc.) and/or one moron screaming at another moron “my God’s better than your God!”
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Even a snowboarder will be a MOST WELCOME change in the White House. Vote Bush out in November. Exclamation
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG surely you are used to seeing that sort of behaviour by now, I still prefer the Wengen attitude to ski classes, i.e they can join the line with everyone else, it does tend to mean instructors take the majority of their classes away from the busiest slopes, which is no bad thing for all concerned

Masque, you are so right
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kerry's second day headline seems to be:

KERRY DOESN'T FALL OVER ON SECOND DAY (he went skiing this time)

That bit was made up. If you want any more genuine, well almost genuine, Kerrymania, here's a report from The Idaho Statesman.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, I'll never get so used to it that I won't say what I think! Almost as annoying is the long line of sheep that stand by and say nothing.

Masque, Quite a apt summary from a fellow sceptic I see. It's called crying in the wilderness though. Said sheep will do nothing about it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
>>>>Even a snowboarder will be a MOST WELCOME change in the White House.<<<

Yesterday I saw a video clip on the news of Kerry skiing and he does well, a decent shortswing and gets a good edge on in longer turns.

....Ott
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ott Gangl wrote:
>>>>Even a snowboarder will be a MOST WELCOME change in the White House.<<<

Yesterday I saw a video clip on the news of Kerry skiing and he does well, a decent shortswing and gets a good edge on in longer turns.

....Ott

Well then, all the better! Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 21-03-04 15:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So is this enough to win your vote, Ott? Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, You're a yank living in France! I bet the only airport you can safely fly back to is Logan. Twisted Evil

Ian Hopkinson, when you add up all the pros and cons . . . it's more than enough Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, Last time I looked I spelt sceptic with a 'c'! And my national anthem says something about the dastardly Scots in an obscure verse. Which is fair enough seeing as it looks as if they're about to be thrashed by the French.... a truly major global catastrophe if they go on to win the 6 Nations... Sad

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 21-03-04 16:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ian Hopkinson, Not exclusively, but it's a nice topping. ....Ott
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oooops! Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Our Prime Minister seems not to be a fan of the white stuff but prefers places like Cancun...
latest report
Masque, hmmm... don't think that the first amendment is guaranteed here on sH! Wink

Actually, it doesn't matter what I think about any of this personally. It's just that this kind of conversation can mess up an otherwise useful forum. Let's stick primarily to skiing and keep the majority of the more flammable topics out of threads for the most part.

As an example, a thread on this very topic got completely out of hand on EpicSki a few days ago (to the point that the entire thread was expunged). Let's not us go there, too, OK?

Thanks. snowHead Cool
snow conditions
Personally I think we can handle a bit of politics here in a civilised fashion without it getting out of hand. But perhaps "Other Stuff" is the better place for it.
snow conditions
Pete Horn, I know what it is, you just like pressing the moderator's 'delete" button, don't you Wink Exclamation
ski holidays
I've only deleted accidental double posts so far... and my own posts where I've taken so long replying half a dozen posts have got in front of me. Wink
snow report
ssh, I wouldn't mess up a useful forum. However this thread was posted in provocation on several levels and can only be expected to generate dissention. I think we’re bright enough and (maybe) adult enough here to extend the bounds of argument to forceful but civilised discussion.
This tread is political in the sense that because of his professed love of the environment/outdoors, the senator may have a more tangible effect on the problem of global warming than the current incumbent. Then there’s the skier/snowboarder animosity, whilst we make light of it here, regrettably it does exist and has been the source of some ‘difficulties’ on the ‘hill’.

Then there’s how we define useful. . . If a thead(s) were started on say, the commercial exploitative rape of wilderness for energy extraction or say the partisan support of a political candidate who favours the same environmental destruction by a snow-leisure developer. Would the ensuing vituperative flaming be considered off-topic for this type of forum?

It is a fine line, I think we can handle the dance required to stay on the right side of it, but it’s fixing points are of necessity, moveable.

Finally. Picking up from another thread, a collective noun . . . a ‘congress’ of baboons Exclamation Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Masque, Interesting, I missed most of the "provocation". I did see some attempts at ironic humour though....
ski holidays
Jay Leno:
Quote:

"Actually, Kerry blamed his fall on Bush's environmental policy. He said Bush's global warming has made the snow too wet and more slippery than normal."
ski holidays
Hey snowHead so he may be on the skiers side when it comes to the great global warming question Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy