Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste of Mind

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone come across these lot?

Piste of Mind

I've been calling them all week and left messages but haven't spoken to anyone.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Possibly been too busy spamming the Edge 2 Edge thread?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gainz, as fatbob says (see below) It might be worth sending a Private Message to the chappy who's been posting on this one...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77650&start=40
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gainz, apologies, we are flat out and the MD is in France, we endeavor to reply to all messages in the evening. We will be back to a manned office on 5th December. in the meantime drop us a message on itseasy@pisteofmind.com

Busy is good but I think we need a good secretary if you know of any!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Their website indicates that they charge £55 return for a ski bag. If that includes double bags it sounds like a good deal - but I admit that I'm too tight to contemplate £110 for the two of us..... Toofy Grin

I wonder how the logistics of collection (from UK end and also after sking) and delivery work?

Anyone used them?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountainaddict sorry to cut in but to answer your question: The price includes double bags and double ski tubes, there is no weight limit or per-item limit and a boot bag per ski bag is included in the price. The cheapest way for you to travel would be to get both skis in one bag (£55), put your second boot bag into a large suitcase with helmets, avvy kit etc (£25). That would work out a few pounds cheaper than easy jet. As for the logistics bit: we are an actual UK courier company during the summer so logistics is kind of our thing! But as a rule of thumb if you are flying on a Saturday and there is a slot available Thursday is your last UK collection time and Tuesday your earliest UK delivery time.

Hope this helps, some SnowHeads have used us and been happy last season, I hope we can help

PS I forgot: you get a 10% discount as a SnowHead so adjust this prices accordingly!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pisteofmindltd, if you can't cope in the office, outsource ...try an answering service or a VA they are a lot cheaper than hiring a member of staff as you only pay for what you need
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well said CEM, a lot of smaller business fail as they cant respond to their potential customers who then dont become real customers, either take the risk and get the staff in or outsource, but this has to be done with care as they need to represent your company in the way you want it represented.

still considering piste of mind for some equipment carriage for my first trip in 44 days!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

I've never used them myself but I've booked them a few times for our guests and everyone has always been really happy.

I've also always found them pretty quick at replying to calls/e-mails etc so it sounds like you've just hit a bad week when they're busy with ops.

Cost wise they work out about the same as the flight luggage costs, but it means that you don't have to worry about your skis etc getting lost/left behind by the airline, and you don't need to carry everything through the airport. It is also ideal if you're doing train/bus/cheap car hire the other end as you don't need to factor in skis.

The only thing that needs a bit of planning is that you need to pack in advance (they pick up mid-week before you travel). . . .

Hope that helps . . .

Heather
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ive been trying to get in touch for the past couple of days to these. Still havent recieced a reply. I only found out about this company through ski-jobs.co.uk last week. Im heading off to do a season in Montgenevre on Sunday and was hoping to hear from them to see if they would see to my equipment. I know its short notice, but business is business and whether its short notice or not, it would be nice to hear that whether it via phone or email.
I cant be annoyed for the fact its short notice but I am about the lack of responce I have recieved.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shorter18, try calling in the morning or evening. I did speak to Andy who sounds like a nice chap. They cant help me out this time due to xmas changover days being messed up but I will use them in the future.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guys

Is there any surefire way of getting pisteofmind to get back to me? I've paid for my luggage transfers online via their website and paypal, but have had no response to confirm the transfer is on.

I've PM'd pisteofmindltd. Not sure what more I can do, and the trip is 22nd Jan.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All sorted - Mark Sekula (Director) has been in touch and everything is confirmed. I'm happy Smile

But man, do they need a secretary!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, anyone used them recently? I got a really quick reply from them, and now radio silence for days.

Let's hope it's because they're v busy, because it does seem a really handy service if they can make it work...

chrs...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I suggest Skis2U 0845 5281079 used them to France very good less than £40 a ski bag full!
ski holidays
I used the Piste of Mind guys a couple of weeks after a lot of research and was very happy! Would highly recommend! timbarnes, I hope you get it sorted as it's ace not lugging your gear around! Good luck!
snow report
Hello Snowheads, I apologies to any of you who had to wait for a call back. But we listened and have hired an Office Manager - the lovely Anita is now on hand to take your calls and answer any questions. Montaque, I am glad we were able to help and Tim have a great holiday, your gear is in France as I type. Travel light and don't forget the Snowheads discount!!
snow report
do they pick up in Scotland?!
snow conditions
Sorry Dudders but we cannot collect from Scotland at this time. Our plan is to expand to include Scotland in 2014, although in the mean time as a registered UK courier company we can use our business contacts to obtain an unbeatable quote to get your gear to Brighton. Do give us a call (01273 737849) and we will see what we can do for you.
ski holidays
btw, thought I should get back to everyone on how things turned out - pretty much the same story as above. Once contact is made it is an excellent service turned up and dropped off as promised, and it is pure luxury to turn up at your chalet/hotel to find your skis and board in the locker. I'm pretty sure they know that some of the comms need to improve, and hopefully that's happening, but as I say the eventual service was excellent.

cheers,
snow conditions
hey, ive used piste of mind when i traveled to Bozel in the 3 valleys.

I have nothing but praise, they rang the chalet first and organized drop off times for out luggage. On the day of our departure they came bang on time to collect our things. There was no weight limit on our board bags which was nice.

Not having to travel with bags was awesome.

Bags returned back within the specified time. All in all rather happy
snow report
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Cost wise they work out about the same as the flight luggage costs, but it means that you don't have to worry about your skis etc getting lost/left behind by the airline,

'Cos courier companies never lose things either...
latest report
If you are on Twitter #pisteofmindandy is fun to follow.
snow conditions
Used this company to get my gear over Tignes for myself and partner, got there no problem but I needed it back for a trip over new year. Unfortunately it never arrived back in time. It arrived back using TNT instead of City Link but it did not make any difference. What I found really frustrating was the lack of contact, I left messages by phone, sent emails and even used facebook to message them but never got any reply...still waiting now!
snow report
Piste of Mind pisteofmindltd,

Just attempted to make a booking but your website seems unable to take any bookings and gives the following message =

'Unfortunately Piste of Mind is unable accept
any new bookings until January 2014.
Please contact us then and we will be able
to assist you in making arrangements for
your holiday.'

It's currently end of February 2014

Are you fully booked for the rest of the year?
ski holidays
I think they've ceased trading.
snow conditions
Someone should probably take them off the snowheads members discount section in that case Crying or Very sad
snow report
They are on the go again after a restructure. Using them this month. http://pisteofmind.com/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just from a chalet operator's perspective, we're not a big fan of these services. If stuff arrives after the guests do, then fine. Otherwise, we have to find somewhere to store it (which we simply don't have) and us and/or the staff potentially have to wait around for a courier to arrive when we have many other things we'd rather be doing with our time (some of which involve working, some of which, amazingly enough, involve actually going up the mountain!). So far, it's been very, very rare, but if lots of people started doing this, it would be major problem.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy