Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skins helped needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some skins for my new Salomon Shoguns 182cm 130-101-120 but not sure what I should be buying? Are G3 skins good as they seemed to be suited to twin tips. Also I've read you can have shaped or straight skins, which is better?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about G3s, but if you buy a straight skin, you can cut it yourself to give it shape (which helps to maximize surface area/grip). You could probably get away with a 110 for less cutting, but could go 120 and have most of the ski covered. With a 100 you would likely have to trim a bit in the middle only
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MEfree30, Thanks, Do tourers normally have shaped skins, does this matter so much for fatter skis as skin bigger anyway. I read that a wider skins will mean more drag.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
100mm wide skin will be fine for 130-101-120
You might not even need to trim them (or perhaps just a smidge under foot).
With wide skis there is more surface area - so it is not so important that the skin fits edge to edge all along the ski.

G3 makes good skins.
Most problems with skins are caused by not looking after them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haggis_Trap, Thanks, I think I'll get g3s then, any suggestions on a good place to buy them cheapest?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross, backcountry.com had some deals on G3 skins which were pretty good even after you took into account shipping and taxes. no idea if they are still available
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
95mm ones with 20% off here

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Black-Diamond-Glidelite-Mix-STS-Skins.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy