Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kneissl skis live on!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The sale of the assets of the insolvent Kneissl ski company to the German skateboard manufacturer Kramer Elastics was announced a few weeks ago. Andreas Kramer, the new owner, who also has Erbacher skis and snowboard ranges, as well as a skateboard manufacturing company, aims to have new production up and running by the spring. The whole German operation is being moved to Kufstein in Austria, with plans for movement of the manufacturing equipment and machinery in the advanced stages. Production will resume very shortly, and will continue the way it was - with handmade skis....See (in German): www.wienerzeitung.at/nachrichten/wirtschaft/oesterreich/411563_Kneissl-Verkauf-Al-Jabers-Anzahlung-faellt-an-die-Masse.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My reading of the text in the Wiener Zeitung link doesn't go as far as yours, el Hen, unless you have additional sources. I understand it to imply that the deal, although envisaged, hasn't been finalised yet.
Quote:
Wir wollen die Sache jetzt zu Ende bringen

= "We want to close the deal", which to my reading says there is at present no final agreement.

For the sake of Kneissl, I hope it works out - my first skis were Kneissls, for my 21st birthday rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What happened to that guy who claimed they wer making a big comeback while denying any problems with the mothership- UK distributor I assume?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh yeah Kneissl UK in the know claiming Kneissl definitely hadn't gone bust http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=80190
rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, well fatbob we are at your snowheads pre season bash in tignes with demo skis for 2011/2012 and would be happy if you could pop by to try some skis and say hi , look forward to meeting you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
... I tested them on Monday and was really impressed with the skis... you can tell they are hand made and quite a selection - enough to wet anyones taste buds.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried them too, the Black Stars, and although I'm sure I didn't push them as much as Steve I really liked them too. At least one Snowhead purchased a pair.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was great to meet the guys from Kneissl at the PSB last week, and of of course, many thanks to them for offering a pair of Black Stars in the snowHeads Autumn Competition!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, I ordered a pair. Could have had them for Christmas, but as you may know I have had a lot on my plate lately, so will be sorting them out for the New Year. Maybe tricky for me to get away to the Alps this season - but Scotland is another matter. Went up a T bar at TIgnes where wind was whipping across the tow. II who was with me said it was just like Scotland - so I've had some practice. The Black Stars were just right for me - I'm looking forward to being on my own ones.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy