Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spray On Tyre Grip!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Walked into work yesterday, and this was on sale, a full pallet of the stuff. Surely this can't work can it? Anyone ever seen or used this product? I thought it was a joke at first!!!

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, Laughing I'd love to see someone wave that at the Gendarmes and try and drive on up to a resort with snow on the roads
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If your car is stuck in snow because the wheels spin, it might just help in getting sufficient grip to get moving (I assume it's some sort of sticky goo). However I'd expect any material sparayed onto the tyres to wear off after about 10 yards of driving! Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
...and end up stuck all over the bodywork. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Basic common sense tells you it won't work. Even if it is a sticky spray on type of product, all that will happen is snow will stick to it!!! I may get 1 can and test it out. On the other hand, no I'm not, it's bloody stupid!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There have been a couple of post with videos of something similar in the past.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Practice joke - spray it on a mates skis??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks about as useful as a "stick on sunroof" Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I remember seeing a film years ago about Volvo in Sweden, where they used exactly the same thing, there was a tank of the stuff under the bonnet and it was sprayed directly onto the front tyres as required. Seemed to work well.

I used to use G-Max on my tyres when I used to drag race, that worked, can't see why this wouldn't either.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
read up on http://www.tyre-grip.com/

they also do a shoe grip version - that might be worth a try
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman,
Quote:

I used to drag race

I suppose green laning doesn't involve dressing up and makeup Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, Only for the passenger. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have no idea, but if you don't think of it as a sticky substance but instead a type of rough glue that sticks to the tyre and sets with a rough surface. This would remove the sleek surface of the rubber and would help to a small degree Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, and the RR drivers? wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder: How much was it? The website shows it at $20 in the USA - available in the UK, on Amazon, at £16.

It gets rave reviews on Amazon - is anybody going to try some?
snow conditions
I probably will. It's either that or buying the socks to stick in my boot.
latest report
I can get it for £8 a can. It's RRP is £14!!! I wouldn't pay that! If anyone wants any then let me know and I will post you some.
ski holidays
Is it the proper stuff? Cause I saw on Amazon that there was another that was cheaper but the reviews said it was terrible.
ski holidays
AlanB1976, It's the stuff that's at the top of the page.
snow report
Quote:

Spray it on the loo seat Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

Quote:

Spray it on the loo seat

I can think of somewhere else that a bit of extra friction might be interesting??? Twisted Evil
latest report
tomb wrote:

Reminds of the one and only time I tried surfing. My friend gave me surf wax and told me to rub it on the board. It seemed to make perfect sense to me, being a skier, to wax the underside of the board. Apparently that is not correct. I'm sure he got it off eventually.
ski holidays
No doubt it invalidates your warranty and insurance policy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy