Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSB Tignes 26th Nov. One place available. Sorry, too late, it's gone.

Poster: A snowHead
There is one place available on the Pre Season Bash to Tignes. I've mangled my shoulder so can't go.

The deal is: Week half board, price includes transfers and Full Espace Killy Lift Pass - see this thread for details. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76388

I've got flights booked with Swiss from Heathrow which can be transferred but it might be less hassle if you book flights separately.

Cost £375 or £450 inc flights.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 19-11-11 13:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

What time are the flights back? I would definitely go but my wedding anniversary is on the 3rd Dec so unless I can get back at a reasonable(ish) time.

Could there be an option to leave early
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are flights back early sat morn, I can change the flight times as well as the passanger details.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roscoeh, Just checked with Swiss. It seems that it is not possible to change the passenger name on my flights (sorry I must have read it wrong) so the flights are not included.

However, there are still seats avalable on the Swiss flights from LHR to Geneva. £102 return including ski carriage. Also, you can get a flight which lands around mid day or mid afternoon on the 3rd. Check out www.skyscanner.net for other options. The transfers are already in place.

I'll drop the price to £350 as you have to get your own flights.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't forget that the transfer gets you back to Geneva for flights after a certain time, details in the main thread.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes there are cheap flights from heathrow, is the only transfer at 6pm in the evening, is anyone on the flight that gets in at 5pm?

Also looking at the tignes webcams there is only snow on the glacier (at the moment), how much skiing this? Can someone give me a comparison with a fully open Cairngorm?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roscoeh, This from the PSB thread:

Transfer. Early AM Sat 3rd Dec This will leave Tignes at about 06:00 (earlier in case of weather/traffic problems). This will serve flights after 10:00. HOWEVER - so far, the earliest flight anyone has booked is 11:25 so, unless absolutely necessary, please book a departure no earlier than that, then everyone can leave Tignes at a slightly more civilised hour.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
was taking about transfer from Geneva to Tignes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Most people are on that 5pm flight. But even those arriving earlier will be getting the 6pm transfer. Skiing in Tignes at the moment is above 2500m. See the vid posted in the Val/Tignes thread on the 12th Nov for real snow info. http://www.facebook.com/snoworks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is lots of info in the other post but is a bit vague on equipment. I would probably bring my own boots but what about skis? Can I hire/trial skis and what is the cost?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski hire is 50euro for the week. There will be an opportunity to test skis from a number of manufacturers, and lessons/clinics can be booked:

Quote:
So we plan to have:
- Top quality instruction available to get your technique sorted before last season's bad habits get bedded in again.
- Expert boot-fitters (From Sole Boot Lab, Chamonix) on hand all week to get your current boots fixed or better still, get you set up with properly fitted new ones.
- Some of the new season's kit available to test in case you're thinking of new skis this year (well who isn't )
Salomon = confirmed,
White Dot = confirmed
Kneissl = Confirmed
DPS = Confirmed
Rossignol = Confirmed
Storm = Looking very likely
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does this mean for 50 euro I can try skis from the range supplied all week? Or I hire regular skis and get to to trial skis for half a day at a time? Sorry for being a pain but was going to buy some skis for the new season but if I was allowed to trial or hire some decent skis would just bring my boots.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roscoeh,
Quote:
Or I hire regular skis and get to to trial skis for half a day at a time

Right. 50 Euros to hire regular skis for the week. You can also test new skis from the manufacturers listed whether you hire skis or take your own.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roscoeh, tried to PM you but you're down a crevasse - meaning your email isn't working. Check your details and make sure your email address is correct.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
have updated my profile try again
snow report
jzBun wrote:
roscoeh, tried to PM you but you're down a crevasse - meaning your email isn't working. Check your details and make sure your email address is correct.

Try now updated my profile
ski holidays
This place has now been filled.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy