Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Few questions about Bansko

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hallo

I am planning on going to Bansko, Bulgaria in the end of January 2012.
I will be snowboarding and my dad will be skiing, it will be our first time.
I want to buy all the clothes (Jacket, pants, thermal clothing, socks, gloves and goggles) in Bansko, and I wanted to know from people who were in Bansko are there enough shops to buy clothes for beginners?
Are there any good and famous brands in there or just fakes?
Who bought there and what?
Can you please send me links to websites/shops in Bansko?
How are th prices in Bansko?

Thank you very much
Dan.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CarTMan4, welcome to snowHead s Your other two identical posts have been removed. Posting the same question in multiple threads is considered abuse of the forum, please restrain yourself Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If Bansko is anything like Borovets the shops will be full of knock-offs, especially TNF. Plus you probably will not arrive until silly o'clock AM leaving you just a few hours kip and an early rise to sort out your ski rental and go shopping. My suggestion is to buy in UK before you go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Basil, It might well be that CarTMan4, is starting from Israel, so buying in the UK might not be ideal. The majority of stuff available in Bulgaria is indeed unauthorised copies, but things change fast.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doh!. OK, UK may not be convenient, but otherwise good advice.

I agree things change fast. They are probably banging out Spyder kit too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went bansko last year, and I wouldnt bother buying stuff out there, In my opinion everything was of questionable authenticity, and overpriced.

only example of stuff Im going to comment about is stuff that our group either looked at buying, or bought.

A careless russian woman hit me in the face with her ski pole, putting a massive scratch down the lens. I went to one of the local shops, after a cheap pair of goggles. I was met with a rather pushy salesman, trying to sell me a pair of Bolle goggles, for 130 lev(about £60 gbp) the same goggles over here is £48 posted (worldwide postage on them is £52) even the cheapo £30 bolle goggles, where £80, and may not of been real.

another lad bought some gloves for £30, which were cheap nasty, sweaty gloves. similar to stuff you'd buy off a market over here for £5,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kev182, I have to agree. I have been lots of times, and each time I have a look at what is on offer. There is a lot of overpriced stuff and I am am not expert enough to say if it is genuine. Much better to buy before you get there.

Cheers
Smag
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CarTMan4 Instead of snowboarding I suggest you learnt to ski with your dad. Each discipline has its own unique difficulties for beginners so it might be better / fun to overcome these together. Also being in the same group lessons etc
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I was there (5-6 years ago) most of the clothing was fake NorthFace stuff and all the shops had it. I wouldn't plan on getting kitted out when you're there.
I did buy a "NorthFace" windproof jacket though and at only £20 it was worth a punt. It's turned out to be worth it and although "knock off" the quality is pretty good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would suggest you buy the stuff from fieldandtrek.co.uk before you come to Bulgaria. The local shops are really full of knock offs of a really bad quality (excl. the shoes though)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Echoed here, we went to Borovets a few years back and the place is full of cheap fakes. If you're concerned about saving money hit TK Max for some bargins.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There are a lot of new shops this season in Bansko and some of them have good quality gear. They won't really have any discounts on until the end of the season (unless you can find a seasonaire to help you out!) so I would say ordering off the Internet is the way forward, if you look for last year's gear you should be able to get some good deals.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was surprised at the price of stuff when I was there. We had to look long and hard to find good priced childrens snow boots. I refuse to pay the earth for something which they only get a few months (at most) wear out of, and normally find better prices in resorts compared to high street shops in the UK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy