Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIN settings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently bought Marker Baron bindings (my previous ones were Fritchi Freeride).
I used to have my bindings on about 8 or 8 1/2 or I got releases when I didn't want them - mind you, I had them quite a few years. The man in the shop said this was too high and wouldn't set them above 7.

Looking at DIN charts on the internet the first which allowed me to feed in info (rather than a chart) came up with an answer seemed to roughly agree with my previous experience but the second, from Marker (unless I misunderstood it) seemed to say I should be on 2.5 or 3. Shocked
Are settings on Marker any different? Can you direct me to a good chart.

The person who put on the bindings in the shop didn't have my boots when he adjusted them but just my boot sole length which I told him over the phone. I am a bit worried that they seem very tight to the boot front and back and there is no feel of slight give to the binding when I stress it. Perhaps that is just the difference of the type of binding?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is little difference between 7 and 8 for all practical purposes. If you find yourself stepping out of them then you might need to adjust them. The 2/3 from the marker chart must be an error. Fritchi bindings can be a bit sloppy so don't panic if the barons feel firmer, if you are concerned get the shop to test the release with your
boots. After an injury I went from 8 to 4 din while I fully recovered, it made little difference with pre release but I am quite light on my skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just looked at another chart which says I should be on 5.25.
That shop is a bit far to go but perhaps another shop might test them (for a fee?).
I suppose I need to crank them up a bit to cope with breakable crust and (not that big) off piste jumps .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, a real issue with my Duke bindings which i think are very similar was the adjustment of the toe height and the forwrad pressure.

I kept coming out of them (also on DIN Cool but the issue was adjusting the toe height.

IIRC there is a screw at the front which adjusts the position of the AFD.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I cannot believe that the Marker chart said 2.5 to 3 you must have been mistaken (maybe getting lbs and kg mixed). Its also very important to get the forward pressure settings right. Best to take them into a good shop for peace of mind.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Regular piste/ bit off piste skiing 10kg=1 din

Aggressive off piste , jumping , high speed skiing 1 stone =1 din

Just an approx guide snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy