Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best gloves money can buy...

Poster: A snowHead
as the title says, i'm looking for a new pair of super warm super amazing gloves. money isn't really a problem in this scenario as i'm going to be using them for a season so i want basically the best i can get my hands on really...i've heard the kjuus ones they have at snow and rock are meant to be quite good, but then i've also heard great things about the gordini goose down ones...

anyone got any stories on either of these/any recommendations of their own i'd be really happy to hear!

thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Top end Hestra gloves are the way to go if you're willing to throw money at the problem...Heli Pro is the model, I think. If you do a search on here you'll see a couple of threads on them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ChrisWo wrote:
Top end Hestra gloves are the way to go if you're willing to throw money at the problem...Heli Pro is the model, I think. If you do a search on here you'll see a couple of threads on them.

If its warmth you want - highly recommend these. And a little cheaper than their high end model (apparently more waterproof Puzzled )
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ChrisWo wrote:

If its warmth you want - highly recommend these. And a little cheaper than their high end model (apparently more waterproof Puzzled )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hestra.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Top end Hestra gloves are the way to go if you're willing to throw money at the problem...Heli Pro is the model

I've just sold a pair of these. Never had such cold hands in my life. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Top end Hestra gloves are the way to go if you're willing to throw money at the problem...Heli Pro is the model

I've just sold a pair of these. Never had such cold hands in my life. Evil or Very Mad

Same here. These were the first ski gloves I ever bought. Had to abandon them and pay a small fortune to buy Hestra mitts in resort (standard recreational Czone mitts but far warmer than the the Heli pros).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't discount Hestra, my skicross gloves keep me plenty warm enough, have yet to need a liner under them. Though if cold hands is a problem think mitts are the way to go.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When my Hestra mitts eventually die, I'm giving these Black Diamond bad boys a try. Much experimentation has revealed that Primaloft insulation is the way to go for truly warm gloves and mitts
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for the Hestra Heli Pro
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get a pair of the ones the lifties wear, check E Bay for them.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've had Black Diamond Guide gloves for years, removable inner means they work in spring as well!

Our warmest ski glove, the Black Diamond Guide fends off serious cold and ugly conditions with a combination of fabrics, including a removable wool pile liner and a four-way stretch woven shell. Impressive dexterity, durability and insulation take the edge off hard duty on the coldest of days.

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/ski/snow-gloves/guide-glove
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Erm... correction needed, I don't have the Heli Pros, I have the Army Leather Gore-tex XCR. They were not warm enough.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, I've got a pair of those. They're designed for standing still and working in, and if you try skiing in them the wind whistles through the seams. No idea why everyone is under the impression they're better than proper ski gloves.

However, if anyone wants a pair in a size 7 they can have mine. No doubt I'll get given new ones next month.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zero-G wrote:
When my Hestra mitts eventually die, I'm giving these Black Diamond bad boys a try. Much experimentation has revealed that Primaloft insulation is the way to go for truly warm gloves and mitts

I've got some Hestra c-zone ones which aren't warm enough, love them otherwise though but I fancy those BD ones as well, have heard they're very warm
latest report
Where are you going to be skiing?

If it's somewhere super cold I'd look at pair of the BD guide lobsters (http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/gloves/guide-lobster-glove-mitt/). A nice combination between a mitt which'll be warmer and a glove to which retains dexterity. Construction looked very tough - e.g. leather reinforcement patches on the index fingers where ski edge normally cut in. Thinking about a pair of Hokkaido this year as I found on the very coldest days my Hestra heli pros let the chill in. Always been plenty in the alpes though.
latest report
These are the warmest things I've ever put my hands into, and as a bonus they only cost me a fiver:

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/gloves-accessories/british-army-issue-mk-iv-olive-724831.html

If you need more waterproofing then you can buy a goretex outer to go on top.
snow conditions
Try some OutDry gloves by either Mountain Hardwear or Columbia. OutDry doesn't let water sit between the outer and the big waterproof bag around your fingers and keeps your gloves lighter, warmer and drier!
I have tried so many expensive and 'quality' gloves and I wont go back to a normal waterproof glove ever!
ski holidays
+2 for Hestra Mittens (one for each hand!)
ski holidays
thanks for all the replies guys - my dad has hestra gloves which i used last year for a bit and no offence...i thought they sucked. i wasnt a fan of the longer cuffs either - i like to shove my gloves into my jacket. mitts are a bit of a nogo i think as i really like to be able to have all my fingers free if that makes sense... i bought a pair of kjus j gloves which the guys in SnR said are pretty good, though reading some things online, it says they're "water resistant" Puzzled whereas some gordini's i was looking at made with goretex say waterproof...just HOW important is goretex?

thanks agai
snow conditions
I have a pair of these http://www.levelgloves.com/essential.php?recordID=radiatorxcrblack.gif&info=radiatorxcranthracite.gif,
bought about 3 seasons ago for about £100, been really good. Leather palms and gore tex is the way for me Very Happy
snow report
I've tried Hestras several times and never got on with them as always felt like they limited hand mobility and feel of what poles are doing. Yet friends swear by them. Always found the top end Mammut or Marmot gloves to be my favourites, but hate the cost!!! Razz
snow report
For those of you considering the BD Mercury Mitt, they are chuffing warm. I use them as belay/emergency gloves when winter climbing and they are a god send.

Skiing in them when it’s not absolutely baltic leads to sweaty hands, be warned!
latest report
pdx wrote:
money isn't really a problem in this scenario

If money really isn't a problem then how about a pair of Arc'teryx Alpha SV gloves at a whopping £200 a pair......http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Gloves/Alpha-SV-Glove
snow conditions
http://www.adrants.com/images/handerpants.jpg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy