Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Alias 100 - bindings mounting - position

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
I am new here, sorry if this was discussed already or if this posting place is not the right one.

I have a pair of Faction Alias 100 traditional (not rocker) skis and I intend to mount some Diamir Freeride Pro bindings.
Now, the question is where exactly to mount those bindings, related to ski top / tail / center.
1 - Ski boot center matching the mark on skis ("boot centre") ?
2 - Boot toe on weight center ?
3 - ... ?

There is a "scale" marked on skis ( 0, -1, -2, ... -8, but -7 is matching the "boot centre")
Please have a look at some photos
http://puiufly.multiply.com/photos/album/46/Faction_Alias_100_traditional_169cm
in 2nd - 3rd pictures you can see this "scale"

Does anybody know what is this "scale" about ?
Any opinions ?

I intend to ski offpiste, as much fresh (powder) snow, not very steep slopes (I rather enjoy gliding down on powder, than steep slopes),
but also to use skins to climb, if necessary

Thank you for your advices,
Let's powder
Puiufly
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guessing boot centre is the recomended position, not sure why the scale would be on there if its not a freestyle ski unless it was to cater for people who like their own settings?? Try emailing the guys direct, Tony's a top guy and should get back to you soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
puiufly, Mounting is a personal issue, combinations of boot delta angle, binding type, skier physiology and riding style need all to be taken into account. So what works for one person, may or may not work for another.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're mainly going for powder, you could consider mounting them a bit back, although it's personal preference really.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ummmm... see the line that says Boot Center? That's where.

Seriously, the sweet spot for that ski is bang on the boot center mark.

I *might* be tempted with going at -6cm because I happen to not like the feeling of being high up on Diamir's.

They don't really need to have a scale on this ski because it's a little more traditional compared to the other skis in the range. On the other skis people move the bindings around to suit how they ski > lots of park / switch riding go forward, lots of powder, go back.

The further forward you mount the quicker the turn initiation will be, but you might get some tip dive. Further back on the ski will push you out of the turn faster but not always as fast to engage the turn. The sweet spot for the Alias is -7.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
what ever happened to the comedy mounting guide on the Faction website ("you are probably Canadian and ski Volkl Explosivs"...)?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, it is missed. Dunno why it came down, it was very handy for situations like this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello, so I just mount the bindings boots matching the ski center and I am very pleased. Excellent ski ! I really enjoy the faction Alias and I am happy with them, especially I like they are NOT rocker skis... Happy (but classic camber). Even so wide, I could easy ski on normal ski piste, no problems...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
puiufly, thanks for coming back to share!

Let's have a more detailed review. This ski would make an excellent choice for many Snowheads looking for a versatile mid fat.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy