Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who wants to come skiing/boarding in Meribel week commencing 30 Jan!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Well the weather's getting colder and before you know it we all be enjoying those post-Christmas blues - so what better way to shake them off than with a ski-trip!

A friend and I have organised a package in Meribel, part of the massive Three Valleys (or Trois Vallees for those extra cultured among you!) ski area in the French alps. It's a huge area with great
skiing/snowboarding, and more importantly I just found out it has the longest toboggan run in Europe which can be ridden at night - no chance of an accident there then Happy

Date-wise it's Sunday 29th Jan - Sunday 5th Feb 2011 so we should get the best snow while avoiding all the overcrowding of the school holidays.

We've booked the whole chalet to ourselves. It sleeps 20 and there's a few spaces left so if you fancy coming along it'd be great to hear from you. It doesn't matter whether you're a skier or boarder, beginner or expert - we've got a whole mix already signed up. There'll be lots of new faces as well as friends of friends, as a result everyone is always keen to get to know each other and there are definitely no 'cliques'. It's a good split of guys and girls, with the age ranging from mid-twenties to mid-thirties.

Here's what's included:
Return Flights from London (need to check which airport but it's definitely
London!)
1 x checked in suitcase - per person
1 x onboard (hand) luggage - per person
Return transfers
Linen (incl. towels)
500 metres from the ski lift
200 metres from the ski hire shop
300 metres away from the night life of Meribel
Buffet breakfast (hot made fresh to order!)
Selection for afternoon tea (freshly baked cakes & bread)
4 course dinner + coffee and chocolate
Quality wine - unlimited with dinner
Champaign and canapes on arrival
Outdoor spa with 360 degree view
Sauna
Games room with pool table
In-house cinema
Bath robes and slippers
Two lounge rooms
Daily room clean
Mid week towel change
Open fire place
Bar
Daily newspaper
Wifi
Heated ski boot drying wall
and fresh flowers to boot!

You can check out pictures of the chalet here (the hot tub looks awesome!).... http://www.oxfordski.com/viewchalet.asp?chalet=isba

We've managed to negotiate a cost for all the above at £857.40 per person. We can get lift passes as a group when we arrive for a discount and can do a 2for1 on ski/board hire through Ski Republic.

Anyway, I think that's everything so if you're interested it'd be great to hear from you.

Michael
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey, just wondering whether you had an idea of the overall cost including ski hire and lift pass?

Chalet looks amazing and could be really interested.

Thanks
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

igerguy - The lift pass cost varies from place to place but from experience is usually in the region of 200 euros for an area pass for the week. The ski hire with the 2for1 is probably about 90 euros, though obviously depends what type of skis/board you choose.

achilles - In terms of what I get out of it - some great people to have a ski trip with! I don't get anything free and have paid the same as everyone else. A friend and I have organised this sort of thing before, and we've found 20 is a good number to have as it allows you to take over a big chalet and creates a good atmosphere. In terms of me - I'm 26, work in the city and an intermediate snowboarder.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
funinthesun, OK. Thanks. I hope the holiday works well - do let us see some pics at the end of the trip - could be quite an epic - and welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
funinthesun, hi there im really interested in joining you on the meribel trip in january. Im abit younger than you lot im only 21 but im a pretty decent snowboarder but have never had the oportunity of snowboarding on a mountain, ive only ever snowboarded on an indoor slope (chill factor) my friends cant afford a holiday so it would just be me. let me know if you've still got the space and if your happy with a younger lad tagging along cheers josh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi "snowhead", i assume the date is for 2012, not 2011?
am quite tempted, may have to earn a few brownie points before i mention to the wife.
i am in mid forties, so may be too old for the rest of the group.
just a note, i used to work in chalet isba when silverski holidays operated from this chalet, in the mid to late nineties, although evidently had a massive modernisation since then, (hot tub,cinema!!!) so can vouch for the convenience of the chalet.
recommend the "barometer", for night life.
terry
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry, meant "funinthesun", not snowhead!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, what great initiative! Have you still got spaces? I'm also hoping to head to Meribel in Late Jan/Feb. I'm 33, experienced snowboarer and skier, female solo traveller hoping to meet up with a young-ish group. My departure point will probably be Ticino in Switzerland. Any chance I can scrap the flight cost and take care of my own travel arrangements? Madeye-Smiley Lia
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy