Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendations for group mid-March.. Italy??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for a good resort for a group of 8 or possibly 10, all 20 something mixed abilities... Been spoilt to date with faves being Val di/Tignes, 3 Valleys, Chamonix, St Anton - all fantastic but would like to try something different.

Are Italian dolomites any good? Which resort? Mileage and terrain variety? Apres (nothing crazy, but can't bee too dull). Will it be a gamble for snow in mid to late March? A friend recommended Arraba - but i couldnt find good catered chalet deals, seems mainly hotels

Also considered Switzerland (verbier, zermatt) but it simply looks too expensive for decent level of comfort.

thoughts much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sella Ronda, plenty of intermediate cruising mileage. Little to challenge the expert on piste, but scenery is out of this world. I can only comment on Canazei, a pretty town in Val Di Fassa. Half a dozen bars and good friendly atmosphere. A lot cheaper than Val and St Anton I suspect. If you have not done the Dolomites then you need to. Mid to late March should be ok, but again who knows. Others here will give low down on Arraba et al and accommodation. I don't think you will find banging apres in any of the resorts, but you will find good friendly bars selling reasonably priced beer. It would all depend on what your priorities are I suppose. Partying, not really. Mileage and scenery, absolutely.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cervinia- then you can do Zermatt cheaper- you can get a full area pass to go to zerrmatt every day or upgrade on the days you choose (for about 30E I think).

Mostly hotels there though so not sure you'd get a chalet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are interested in Canazei - just ask away, but for some quick answers...

The Dolomites are stunning and if you are keen to get plenty of mileage in, it's a great option. You can literally ski somewhere different every day, last March was excellent and the resort was open until the 30th April. There's also the Marmolada glacier for extra height and some great off-piste. There are loads of snow parks dotted around so there's something for everyone.

Lots of cruisey blues and reds and a few blacks to get some leg burn (there's a particularly fun balck just behind the chalet snowHead ). The food is fantastic on the pistes and reasonably priced.

Canazei has some fun apres in Paradiso and Cliff with dancing on the bars to euro-pop under a strobe light starting about 4pm but there's also a few chilled out bars where you can relax at the end of the day. Later on, after dinner a couple of places stay open really late and have live music on different nights.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy