Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

warren miller

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone going to see the new movie?
Off to Leicester Square tomorrow....

http://www.warrenmiller.co.uk/

cheers,
h.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I have won tickets to go and see it in Bristol, but not heard anything yet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Basil, I won the Edinburgh tickets and got an email with the tickets at least a couple of weeks ago.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmmm?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A trip to the Warran Miller film always used to be the countdown to the ski season, but I've lost my enthusiasm since the big man stopped taking the lead on the films.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Theres a one off showing in Poole, Dorset at the Lighthouse on the 24th November. It's not part of the official tour, tickets are £8 instead of £12 so if you live close by it saves driving to Southampton which is the next nearest on the official tour. About half the tickets are already sold. They are a bit cheesy but fun and although they have gone a bit corporate the production, particularly the sound has improved a lot in the last five or so films
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This year it's not coming to one of England's regions areas that is served by 2 ski areas with draglifts.

Despite having real skiing we must be regarded as a bit of a backwater up here... Confused

Still, instead of indulging our snow fantasies via a ski film we'll be doing the real thing at Hintertux at the weekend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to the Manchester showing on Monday and it was a bit of a farce - they don't employ projectionists anymore and there were a few issues (all down to the cinema, not the WM crew) like the sound being a a bit too loud for comfort (and quality - it was slightly distorted), then cutting out, then being inredibly loud. They also missed the intermission so the prizes were handed out at the end.

The film wasn't too bad, not the best WM I've seen (Impact is my fave) but worth a watch
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt, Will wait for DVD................Children Of Winter, followed by Off The Grid my favourites.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
quick update - definitely worth watching, and in comparison to other movies I thought the narration and 'spirit' element was communicated better.
Beginning to think i saw repetition from other movies (particularly in the 'pillows' sequences), but this was more than outweighed by the footage from the Kashmir. (would have been nice to see more of this)
Always nice to have the movie cost offset by 'free' beer, although clearly the package was cheaper than for the AdventureFilm showing (same cinema about two weeks earlier), as they didn't bother with tables in the bar area.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
A trip to the Warran Miller film always used to be the countdown to the ski season, but I've lost my enthusiasm since the big man stopped taking the lead on the films.

Yep. WME is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Source:
skifilmreviews.com

Quote:

Warren Miller Entertainment wins lawsuit versus Warren Miller
Saturday, 09 October 2010 11:55

A sad day for the skiing industry. Warren Miller Entertainment (WME) has won the lawsuit versus Warren Miller regarding the use of his image, voice, name, likeness, and endorsement.

For those of you who don't know Warren Miller Entertainment (the film company behind the Warren Miller films) sued Level 1 Productions last year. This was because Level 1, as a ten-year anniversary, asked Warren Miller to narrate their 2009 film "Refresh." The issue comes from the fact that Warren Miller sold the company many years ago to his son, after which it has been sold two times. WME no longer works with Warren Miller. Upon selling his film company, Warren Miller signed a non-compete clause which was expired in 1999. However, WME still felt the need to sue a film company that makes less than $10, 000 profit a year. WME is currently a part of the Bonnier Corporation, a corporation that has an income of several billion dollars a year. This huge gulf in profit, and the fact that WME are in the wrong just makes the matter worse. If this is still a bit confusing do read newschoolers article on the matter.

Shortly after WME sued Level 1, Warren Miller stepped in and counter-sued WME. Unfortunately, he has lost. There has been no official statement from WME yet but they will most likely continue to sue Level 1 over their film "Refresh."

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy