Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shaun White

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Simply awesome last night - in a class of his own.
Legend..!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
offpisteskiing, agreed. Good effort from Ben Kilner, shame he couldn't pull it off in the semis but he looked good in the qualies. One to watch for 2014 perhaps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't even bother watching the women's halfpipe it'll be so disappointing by comparison.

What I find interesting is that for a sport which supposedly is about creativity the runs were so formulaic - huge tweaked method to start, compulsory back to back double corks, a big spin etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
offpisteskiing, agreed, although I'm still a bit unsure about his private half-pipe thing and the competitive advantage it gives him. Does anyone know if he invited his team-mates to train with him?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, ouch!

Im glad you found it interesting!

There is alot of physics involved. Unlike "summer" halfpipe sports, snow/ice cannot be pumped in the same way, hence the first trick is the simplest but most height and the last lowest but most technical.

Ben kilner is great example of how much the sport has progressed. Not so long ago, his routine would have challenged the top guys.

Anyone who thinks Shaun White is not creative (how the hell do you even visualise the double mctwist?) well! Maybe watching halfpipe is just not your thing.

Tux
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John, I would imagine he does, he's very generous like that and often takes with him a huge entourage of pros and "getting theres".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loved the fact that even Shaun can tank on a round. The guys were superb and unbelievable in places. Great viewing !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just watched the halfpipe highlights on the bbc iplayer and all i have to say is....

WOW!

Inspiring stuff... can't wait to see the boys on skis have a go.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly, might have to wait a while.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shaun was simply mindblowingly good on his second run - in some ways I wish he'd had enough speed left to put down the double McTwist 1260 with greater amplitude, as it looked somewhat messy. Still, you can't disagree that he is the greatest of all time.

I also find myself watching Kazahiro Kokubo's ultra-smooth, styled-out airs and thinking that it deserves so much more in terms of marks than it gets. His McTwist Japan was the prettiest thing I've seen on a snowboard this century.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob wrote:
Don't even bother watching the women's halfpipe it'll be so disappointing by comparison.

Some of them are quite fit though wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tuxpoo, I've watched plenty of halfpipe before and know the physics but basically the formula is White wins with a run that is one step beyond the other guys, they then "learn" his run and roll it out in the next contest - hence he needed the 1260 McMc or Whitesnake or Tomahawk or Red Zeppelin whatever they're going to call it in his back pocket. Yep there is lots of progression between seasons
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There were some very good moments at the lady's halfpipe http://www.olympic.org/snowboard-half-pipe-women
however, we cannot compare. Shaun is always way brilliant!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy