Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire discount

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Looking to hire skis - usually use a site like Snowrental, Skimium or Skiset .
Last two years used Skimium I think and got a discount with Decathlon card, they don't do our resort this year (going to Le Tania, Courcheval on Dec 26th for a week) and trying to see if any discounts to normal online rates available.

I did find code "BUYAT" for Skiset but it doesn't actually change the online prices. For Snowrental, found a couple of links from those vouchery websites but again online prices seem the same (but I do remember using a code with them in the past to get, I think, 10% off).

Any knowledge of discounts appreciated (or of course direct recommendations for Le Tania!)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 9-11-11 14:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS just found company called Ski Higher ..... price comparisons for ski/boot hire for my daughters (16/14) so far:

Skiset: 136 (Teen Performance) + 155 (Woman Performance) = €320
Snowrental: 2 * 174.60 (Adult Performance) = €349
Ski Higher : 2 * 135 (Adult Mountain Tracker) = €270

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 9-11-11 14:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try alpinresorts think the code is news 133

edit: news 133 no longer works. Use SNOWBALL
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks matti - alpineresorts seem to come out much cheaper - this is for "Black/Gold ski for example: Atomic D2 RACE GS"
    Snowrental: 2 * 174.60 (Adult Performance) = €349 (store Ski Wave)
    Skiset: 136 (Teen Performance) + 155 (Woman Performance) = €320 (store Ski Wave, skis Rossignol S3 (teen) / Rossignol Experience 78 TPI² (adult) or equivalent)
    Ski Express: 152 *2 (Adult Sensation Gold) = €305 (store Ski Wave, skis NORDICA Double Six Rtl or equivalent)
    Ski Higher : 2 * 135 (Adult Mountain Tracker) = €270 (store Ski Higher, eg. Salomon Aero GT or Salomon Crystal skis )
    Alpine Resorts: 2 * 97 (Adult Black/Gold) = €194 (store PRCP, Black/Gold skis eg.: Atomic D2 RACE GS)

I have no idea about the skis, can only assume they are equivalents but the last ones are big price drop from the others!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi again - does anyone have a view on whether the skis above would be much of a muchness, ie the Alpine Resorts deal is a good one for good skis for reasonable (blakcs usually okay but nothing too technical) ?

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks Matti. Alpinresorts is saving 20% versus Skiset for me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Republic?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just booked with Alpine Resorts and code news133 - thanks Matt. snowHead

actually NEWS133 no longer worked for my dates but SNOWBALL did, but less slight less discount than NEWS133 had previously given ... standarrd "online discount" is 45%, news133 was 48%, snowball is 47%.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've had mixed experiences with Alpineresorts. In Serre, the skis were great, but in L2A only average. They are only an agency, so I guess it depends on the actual shop. Cheap though!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

For superb quality rental equipment in Courchevel, Meribel and La Tania contact Privilège Ski (www.privilegeski.com). We're a reliable and professional rental delivery and fitting service despite our rather dated website which is due for a complete overhaul. Mention Snowheads and we'll be happy to give you a 10% discount . Depending on the time of the winter and the group size we might be able to do better so please contact us to discuss your specific needs and preferences. We don't compete agressively on pricing as we aim to make the difference with the quality of our equipment and the level of our service. We deliver it to your door upon your arrival and will one of our friendly technicians will check your boots fit properly in the comfort of your chalet or appartment.

All our equipment is renewed after a maximum of two winter seasons, a minimum of 50% every year, 60% for the coming season! We've got Rockers coming out of our ears!

We have top brands and models for you to have fun on.

Happy skiing, wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hired through Alpinresorts a couple of years ago - Skis only in Courchevel 1650... Cheap prices were the main selling point and several of our group went with them over Skiset which came out about 20% more expensive. As with most things in life - you get what you pay for...

What annoyed me firstly was regardless of the level of skis you paid for - the same old rubbish was handed out. I paid extra for supposedly newer skiis, but was supplied with very tired looking, over used equipment, the same as everyone else in the group. During the trip I had a rather unfortunate accident due to a rather inflated sense of my own ability, and skiing far too fast (lessons learnt, hinsight is wonderful isnt it)! Fortunately I was not seriously injured (pride dented more than anything) but the skis were not in such great shape as I managed to snap one in half. I had insurance through Alpinresorts which would cover me for any damage... but because they are a reseller for other shops (intersport), I had to settle the bill direct with the shop and then claim back from Alpinresorts. The shop clearly did rather well out of the deal as they charged the full cost of a new pair of skiis, and the pair I had were on their last legs.

I ended up paying out 340 euros for the skis and then waiting over 2 months to get the money back through Alpinresorts. I had to go through the hassle of filling ut all the insurance forms (in french!!) and then the process was delayed further by language barriers (the company is Swiss!). To sum up the experience was a nightmare and I would strongly reccomend looking elsewhere. At the very least you ensure you are dealing direct with the actual hiring company rather than through a reseller.

Last year I had a much better experience (and far superior equipment) hiring though edge to edge now known as Skis 2 you http://www.skis2u.co.uk/ and will probably use them or similar services this year. This kind of service is not ideal if you need boots too, but remember cheap aint always best! I hope this helps.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Actually, I believe Edge to Edge went bust and skis2u are a completely different company who bought some of the assets of Edge to Edge.
Certainly the suppliers left out of pocket by EtoE won't be expecting to get sorted out by Skis2u.

I understand that the guy who ran Edge to Edge, being the god-son of the owner of Mountain Sun, is now working for/with them on something similar.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi tallman,

I’m Nicole, head of customer service from ALPINRESORTS.com

I read this treat and regret what happend to you a few years ago. We always try to improve our service. As we are now the international market leader of independent online ski rental booking portals, we offer the protection aganst breakage now by ourselfes. In the past it was offered by an insurance company, that’s why it took so long to get your money back. You have two possibilities, you can pay at the shop and you will get the money back from us afterwards, or we pay the shop directly. We still have a (one side long) insurance form as record for our accounts department, but now in English of course. Our staff members are sometimes natives and English (or German) is never a problem.

We also like to offer you a 5% on top promotion code for your next hire. Please contact us under info@alpinresorts.com

If anybody of you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a nice day

Nicole
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy