Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A month skiing in Europe- best month to take off???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Only Been skiing twice last year- total 8 days skiing in my life lol- but fell in love for it.

Anyway- i have saved all my holiday and plenty of £££ and im taking a month off some time this season to ski.

Im trying to do my own research- but im provisionally looking at europe (prob france, but location etc can all be established later)

Im wondering- whats the best month to take off? A balance of good snow, lots of daylight, not too cold, not too many kids/holiday makers etc etc?

I was thinking March? Any later and i risk worse snow- and feb lots of half term kids from UK & Europe?

Any advice would be great thanks guys! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
billy_boy_2010, if you want to go to France, you need to be aware that the French school holidays run till mid March.

From the "quietness" point of view, best month for France would be mid Jan - mid Feb (the holidays start 11 Feb).

What are you going to do?

One option would be to really concentrate on improving your skiing. If you look at the UCPA website (the English version is UCPA.co.uk) you will see that for around £600 a week you can have the lot - full board, equipment, tuition, lift pass. And plenty of company (could get a bit lonely......).

You could sample a range of centres - tuition is available up to a very high level.

There are a number of SHs reports on holidays in UCPA. Everyone seems to have enjoyed it. I've not been (too old....) but daughter and son in law went, and rated it very highly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To meet most of your requirements I would go for somewhere high in March, if in France aim from the 2nd week in March. The main French school holidays end around the 10th March so it should be relatively quiet, accommodation prices are a lot cheaper also. It may become a bit busier from 31st March when the British arrive for their Easter holidays but the French Spring holidays don't start until later in April.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
March fo' sho'. Deepest base, best chance of pow, long days, getting warm sunny and mellow towards the end - perfect for late afternoon/evening drinking on the terrace.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm looking to improve my skiing as well as meet a group of friends and immerse myself in the ski scene.

Last season I went with club med. It was good, but I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of meeting 4 groups of people. Would rather hang out with the instructors, challet girls (ahem) and anyone else who was there for the long term. I'm 27 year old male btw

Would the above influence things at all??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, as others have said, March is best but presuming you're not actually tied to a calendar month I would go sometime in late Feb
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Would rather hang out with the instructors

do you speak French?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Would rather hang out with the instructors

do you speak French?

Yes- but very poorly Very Happy

All i meant was i dont want to have to befriend a new wave of people on changover day- so meet 4 groups of people. I must be able to find some english speakers who will be there for a long time to hang out with..........

Pam- that UCPA company looks like Club Med- is it??

If so i would rather find a way to immerse myself with the croud who are there for a season- otherwise i have to meet so many new people with every new group. I like meeting new people- but its exhausting tbh!

Anyway- thanks guys- i will start a new post to get ideas about how im gonna do this! Smile This post was to establish time really! Late feb for 4 weeks sounds ideal Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy