Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, advice really welcome. We are a group of 8 looking to ski over Christmas 2011. It is now early November and we are starting to look at options. Any advice about when prices might start to fall?

Ideally we are looking at a chalet holiday. 1 of the party wants to join us from Mayrhofen so I wonder what the best set of resorts to use allowing for public transport from Mayrhofen?

Can we do this for a reasonable standard for £750 including flights accom and passes?

Any advice welcomed.

Regards
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
grayscottage, it's not yet 30 mins since you posted a thread - I'm sure someone who knows the area will be along at some point though it might help to mention Mayrhofen in the title Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

it's not yet 30 mins since you posted a thread - I'm sure someone who knows the area will be along at some point though it might help to mention Mayrhofen in the title

+1

It'll also save people who know nothing about Mayrhofen from opening it.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks but we are not restricting to Mayrhofen, if transport allows selva or anywhere where it is reasonably possible to to move from/to would be fine. Thanks for the tip though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
grayscottage, add your dates - as for some people Christmas means anything from mid-December up to and including Christmas Eve/Day and for others it means the week between Christmas and New Year.

If you are thinking of the week 18th to 25th (Week 51), you may find something for that price. If you are thinking the week 25th to 1st (Week 52), then you may have to take pot-luck as that is the week that everyone and their dog heads off to the mountains. Christmas Eve at home with the family and then escape on Christmas Day, which is not the family day in most European countries!

Are you looking at just at Austria or will anywhere do? Any places you are NOT interested in? All-inclusive package or DIY? Fly or Drive? All these things need to be part of your request.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easyjet Liverpool to Salzburg were £128 return 24-31 December when I looked last week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Use this forum. I posted here 2 weeks ago and had over 50 replies within 48 hours

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Use this forum. I posted here 2 weeks ago and had over 50 replies within 48 hours

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1

I bet 50 % of the replies had nothing to do with where/when you had asked for !! So many companies just send a standard reply now to every post, they have become a joke.

The "if you don't find what you want try us here" mob. Usually countries away and months away.
It negates the usefullness of the Solutions Room.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
grayscottage, I'm guessing your mate from Mayrhofen would like you reasonably close so he has not toooo much travelling.

We have space for christmas in our B&B in Morzine, but that means a long train ride, or flight to Geneva to get here.
Would need to leave on 26th or 27th to make way for the New Year crowd.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheap deal at Christmas.... best of luck...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
grayscottage, we have space w/c 19 -26 December (as DallyPaul, we are fully booked from 26th) in La Tania. If that works for you drop me a PM - we have a deal for that week as we've had a cancellation. No idea how 3V would work from Mayrhofen though
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Easyjet Liverpool to Salzburg were £128 return 24-31 December when I looked last week.

£110 this morning. Book a transfer for €50 and a nice B&B @ €35 per night = cheap xmas deal
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
grayscottage, which airport are you looking to fly into? If you want your friend to join you from Mayrhofen then ideally you want to be looking at flying into Innsbruck. Selva is definately doable from Mayrhofen via public transport. Would probably take about 4 hours travelling via train and bus but would have to allow extra time when waiting for connections.

Easiest option would be for you to to go to Mayrhofen or anywhere in the Zillertal valley. Also many other options accessible from Innsbruck and Mayrhofen such as Stubaital and Wildschoneau.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

£110 this morning. Book a transfer for €50 and a nice B&B @ €35 per night = cheap xmas deal

£85 yesterday. I have got over £600 voucher off EJ for our party of 9 thanks to their price promise.

£95 today, cheap as chips nopw that the snow is falling
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy