Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

August Snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snow-uk are reporting a very light snowfall over the cairngorms for this thursday night! Can it really be true, its only August. Heres more information from their site http://snow-uk.info/News/Latest/August_snow_fall_for_the_Cairngorms.html
snow report
 brian
brian
macphee70, snow on the highest tops is not that unusual in late August or September.

I remember having to give up climbing Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis once in September because it started snowing heavily and we had no winter gear with us.

Unfortunately it means practically nothing in terms of the season ahead, a couple of years ago, Cairngorm had brilliant snow for a few days at the end of October, which was quickly wiped out and then a pretty dreadful season Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
macphee70, great tip!

Let's keep an eye on the Ptarmigan webcam. If it happens it would be fun to freeze [sic] the image.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Unfortunately it means practically nothing in terms of the season ahead, a couple of years ago, Cairngorm had brilliant snow for a few days at the end of October, which was quickly wiped out and then a pretty dreadful season

Yeah I know i was up on the Gorm during that freak dump, pity it never lasted, got a great days skiing thought it was just a little wind and unpisted from what I can remember.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian wrote:
macphee70, snow on the highest tops is not that unusual in late August or September.

Snow in Scotland is not unusual at any time. I camped by a lake under Ben Macdui in mid August and it snowed, no lets say blizzarded overnight. I've never been back to Scotland!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, at least that would have kept the midges away.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is the highest lift in Scotland ? Anyone ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The one in Jenners on Princes Street goes to the fifth floor ! Do I win a prize ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul Mason, ha ha Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Chris Brookes, summit tow at Nevis Range gets within spitting distance of the 4000' contour.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy