Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peak 10 Breckenridge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We went to Breckenridge three years ago, and going back again this year. I have been looking at the trail map and all the runs on Peak 10 are black. I am sure I skied on that peak last time, and I am fairly certain my OH wouldn't have convinced me to go on black runs, have they changed?

If they have changed, is it because they have made the runs more difficult, or just decided to change the grading. I do remember we didn't go up that peak until the second week as it did look a bit steep and scary. My skiing ability is a lot better than my cowadice will allow me to ski, and that usually says noooooo to black runs, so will need to convince myself that it is just the same as last time Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Peak 10 this Feb. Didnt look like theyd reshaped the mountain recently! Some of our party were similar to you, but they stuck to the single diamonds and were fine. It seemed a bit quieter up there, maybe the black image scared the crowds away.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've read that Breck has re-graded a bunch of its blue-black runs as blacks this year. Dunno why, but I'm guessing the Peak 10 stuff is amongst them. Peak 10 certainly wasn't all black when I was there, but that was nearly 10 years ago.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniegirl, think European red but on groomed. It's very flattering.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with Bode. Do not mistake these blacks on Peak 10 with some of the bowls at the top of Peak 7 and 8.

To give you an idea, most of the stuff shown on the trail map on Peak 10 in the middle of the peak was blue/black - the stuff to the left of the map as you look at the map was a steeper pitch with a little more ice.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
US Black = Euro Red.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevomcd wrote:
US Black = Euro Red.

Go try some of the blacks in Jackson Hole and tell us which European red it equals to Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Regraded, not any harder. Last year saw them do away with blue-blacks and make those black. I never understood why they were blue-black in the first place as they seemed equal to a lot of Copper/Keystone/A Basin blues. Breck can be good for the ego!

Don't confuse these with the SE facing runs skiers right off 10 as these double blacks are legitimate blacks- not extreme, but steep with either deep snow or bumps and a flat run out boarders hate.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, I just need to get it into my head that I can do them and black doesn't necessarily mean scary. I ski mainly in the States and Canada but am quite happy on reds in Europe, so I know I should be fine on lots of the blacks but the brain says noooo Very Happy

Are there any other blacks in Breck which are similar to those on Peak 10, which if I am brave enough I can go on and hopefully increase my confidence.

abc, I think that is part of the problem, grading is specific to the mountain, so I just work on the theory, don't do blacks, but having skied at resorts like Kicking Horse it seems like a good self preservation theory Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think Spruce off the Colorado Super Chair on Peak 8 is another that got upgraded. I would suspect that you could handle any SINGLE blacks at Breck that are listed as being GROOMED. The single black lookers right off the t-bar is often groomed, but most of the other terrain in that area is not, so it would depend on how you handle off piste conditions as some of these are legit, albeit easier blacks. Chair 6 also offers some blacks that are not too steep, but these are usually left un-groomed. Peak 9 might have one or two that are groomed (and may have been upgraded from blue-blacks)

If you are skiing 7+ days, you should probably consider some season pass options 389/429 unless you have some sort of package deal.

I'm running a free lodging contest for a stay just down the road at Breck and can hook you up with a SH discount if you don't win
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1891692&highlight=#1891692
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MEfree30, Thanks for the information. I ordered our Summit County Season Passes yesterday Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good on ya...if you want VERY NICE on mountain resto at a reasonable price, have lunch at the Alpenglobe Stube at Keystone. Your best choice for storm day skiing with some intermediate terrain that you should enjoy skiing assuming snow conditions are decent (they tend to get the least amount of snow in the area).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Alpenglobe Stube at Keystone

Alpenglow surely but, anyway, I did it at night once. Freezin' cold ride up in the gondolas, fantastic meal and then night skiing for a few hours. Keystone kind of gets overlooked but it's just that bit steeper and more interesting than Breck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy