Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Work/corp skiing weekend suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been asked to suggest somewhere for a work skiing weekend. Corporate gig, but still need to keep the costs down, looking at early March. Thursday/Friday night- Sunday night. Considering Chamomix/Flaine/Morzine in France, but Italy/Austria also considered. Requirements are quick transfer, range of slopes to cater for range of ability, good social scene, and good weekend accommodation options.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Ta,

Doc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my experience Cham is a good weekend option-why?

Very easy/short transfer from Geneva.

*Great Skiing, the better you are the better it is suited.

Varied nightlife

Proper town

And most of all it's the easiest place I've found to get weekend only accomadation that you're you're not paying for the a week regardless of whether you stay for a full week or not.

*Some people find Cham a bit disjointed it's a collection of several differnet mountains, if you're group is mixed ability you may find the advanced to experts if there are any wanting to be somewhere totally different to any beginners or early intermediates and so on.

It's cheap in terms of flight and room only accomadation, but it's France so beer isn't cheap but if you know where to look food isn't too bad on the cost front. Other option is to head to Innsbruck and get the bus to a near by ski area, Innsbruck if you haven't been is a very nice/interesting place. There's are no doubt plenty of other options out there but these are the only weekend trips I've done.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grizwald, thanks. I went through the same though processes as you re. Cham. Doesn't matter if the resort isn't a 'town' as such, not as much as having easy access to varied slopes so it's easy to meet up as a group for lunch & apres.

Innsbruck is a nice idea, but the flights there operate at crazy times (for skiers anyway), with very little options for late departure and late returns. I'm thinking that Geneva might be a good place to start, given the number of flights there and the selection of resorts within 2 hours transfer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As you say, places close to Geneva tend to fit the bill here - also consider Les Carroz (same network as Flaine) or La Clusaz. We did a weekend trip to La Clusaz last season and I'd highly recommend it, I suspect it is the shorted possible transfer to Geneva.

Innsbruck has never worked for me, like you I find the flight times just don't seem to work too well for a weekend trip. That said a colleague of mine has done Innsbruck a couple of times, I think he maybe lost an afternoon at the end of the trip so it's not the end of the world really. The resorts are very close by so as long as you are organized you can get quite an early flight back and still ski that day.

You could look at Zürich, if you can stomach the Swiss exchange rate there are a few resorts that are close enough to do in a weekend. I've done Davos in the past, and am doing a weekend in Laax this season. Engelberg is also very handy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've done Morzine, Val D'Isere and St Anton as work/ corp trips and all have worked out very well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dr John - not sure about your comment re flight times to Innsbruck - we are going on Easyjet from Gatwick OUT 0700 Friday, back 1605 Monday so good half days on Fri and Mon and 2 full days Sat and Sun. I dont reckon thats too bad !

also, I love Chamonix to bits but it is quite steep for anyone thats not confident to ski Reds and above and the broken up aspect to it is not good for meeting up at lunchtime. have you thought about Avoriaz/Morzine or Flaine ???

dave
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

dr John - not sure about your comment re flight times to Innsbruck - we are going on Easyjet from Gatwick OUT 0700 Friday, back 1605 Monday so good half days on Fri and Mon and 2 full days Sat and Sun. I dont reckon thats too bad !

Not bad at all actually, thanks for the tip off!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John wrote:
Innsbruck is a nice idea, but the flights there operate at crazy times (for skiers anyway), with very little options for late departure and late returns.
BA and EJ both going in there twice a day, that gives plenty of options. Actually, Innsbruck is almost THE perfect corporate week-end place. For a start the transfer is about 10 minutes max in a taxi to a city centre hotel. It means people can arrive or leave on all different flights and there are no transfer issues - some might want to stay just one night, be there for the party, maybe non-skiers, no problem. The hotels are mainly business hotels so not busy at week-ends and happy to do deals. Then there's a lift that goes straight out of the north of the city up to the Nordpark or areas like Igls, Axams etc just a short taxi away. And you're in a city, with city-style bars and clubs and shopping. It works for work dos becuase you don't have to exclude non-skiers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John, don't you see enough of the f**nies during the week? cant think of anything worse Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
EJ don't do evening flights out from what I could see. Also couldn't see BA flights, will have to check. Agree that Innsbruck looks a great base, although wont have to worry about non-skiers, there won't be any.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
barry, It's a good point, well made. This is a select group of like minded people, a couple of whom are suppliers with access to a generous flexible friend.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr John, contact Ski Extra in my sig below. Great value for Verbier, will feel like a full on corporate blow out at half the cost.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, Cheers. Verbs is on the list, me and one of the others know it well. I hear they've improved the medran lift? At the same time I hope they've not touched the furry shovel. It's been about 4 years, about time to return.

Thanks to the others who've PM'd me with suggestions also.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I also have good flight times going out to Innsbruck at the end of March these are from Newcastle though.

Here's a guide of resorts within 1 hour up transfer from Geneva.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy