Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delay or not to delay booking holiday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going 21-27 Jan., probably to Alpe D'Huez, probably on a package, flying from Gatwick.

I am considering delaying booking to "follow the snow"/reduce costs, given that this is pretty much a low season week.

Family of 4 (2 intermed. adults, 1 one-week kid, 1 beginner kid); no prefs re accommodation style.

Anything to be gained by delaying booking until, say a couple of weeks before the holiday?

Do you tend to pick-up better deals close to departure date?

Cheers

Dobby
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've seen some great last minute deals when I have already had my trip booked. Think we are going to leave it a little longer than usual this season.

I think it just comes down to whether you have the nuts to roll the dice..!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dobby, if you are pretty well decided you want to go to AdH and to fly from Gatwick, maybe you should book now. But if you are really happy to be flexible there will almost certainly be a decent range of choice nearer the time (maybe 3 weeks before?) especially as you are flexible about accommodation style. A possible disadvantage of leaving it VERY late (our last last-minute, some years ago now, was booked four days before departure) is the question of ski school for your kids (and you, if you want lessons) - it might be better to tie it all up, including lessons, before the very last minute.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think accommodation is likey to be the problem. The limited experience I've had with late booking and the discussions I've had with others suggests that the issue you may face is more to do with transport (I'm assuming you are flying?). You'll certainly get good deals on rooms at short notice, especially if you're flexible on resort, but you may find that obtaining reasonable travel is a bit of an issue for four. If, however, you intend driving, I'd say go for it - I spent an expensive week in a tiny, next-to-the-lavatory single room in Verbier, whilst a chap upstairs, who booked two weeks before the trip, had an en-suite triple to himself!!

In any event, worth a shot - if just for the adrenaline high beforehand...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
worth looking at esprit special offers, start about 4 weeks out and look at the prices take note of them
they will drop again ( sometimes daily during week 3-2) you need to take a bite the bullet decision and go when the holiday and the savings all weigh up for you
if you leave it too late you either miss out because they go - or possible you might get it and save a few extra pounds , but from experience the
most likely option is that someone else books it and you miss it

wellworth looking at them to save loads of money though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80026&highlight=
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last minute.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it really depends on your requirements, my next trip has been booked well in advance as we had to be quite picky in order to satify the ladies. Had it been a boys trip, we would have booked last minute to get the best deal.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy