Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

will it snow.....

Poster: A snowHead
9pm bbc2.... i doubt it will provide any real answers but might be worth a watch.

Today, 21:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))
SYNOPSIS
This topical programme taps into the nation's obsession with the weather and asks whether we are heading for another 'snowmageddon' as experienced in the previous two years.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Downton abbey, is all I can say to that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
noooooooooooooooooooooo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lightningdan, There is ITV+1 and the repeat next Sunday afternoon snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's all done by computers so no well maybe perhaps Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A bit of a non program. 30 Minutes in and they have hardly covered the question except to say they have no idea Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Current Met Office advice to the UK's winter maintenance providers is 40% chance of below average temps, average and above 30% each. No sign of blocking fronts as yet so unlikely to have extreme cold over next several weeks.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1, thanks for the heads up on that programme, quite fascinating and well worth watching! Popular science, but interesting and in my mind superbly presented!

Off to watch ITV+1 now and catch up with Downton wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
'The Jet Stream provides a warming effect.' (repeated twice)
'The beginning of November is the start of Winter.' rolling eyes

The BBC's budget cuts must have run deep into their science editorial team.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought it was pretty poor. That's all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
lightningdan, There is ITV+1 and the repeat next Sunday afternoon snowHead

I will itv player it, but looks like it was average, Downton on the other hand was excellent.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wouldnt waste an hour of my life..........
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm. I recorded it (we had visitors) but by the sound of it, not really worth bothering with.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe, But you and all the others are quick to moan when the Met Office "get it all wrong"! I think the title belied the underlying purpose which was to explain HOW the Met Office and meteorologists arrive at their forecasts and why they cannot be as precise either a day in advance nor weeks in advance as the popular press would like them to be.

If you understand anything at all about meteorology, and I taught it both in the Sixth Form and in Outdoor Pursuits, for over 20 years, then the programme was extremely interesting.

If you wanted a definite answer as to whether place X will have snow on a certain day or at a certain time, then no, you are still as dumb as ever! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The 2nd half was a bit better and they mentioned sun spots and their possible impact. It's also interesting that for the most part they refrained from any mention of 'climate change'.

To be honest, I've lost all confidence in the Met Office and it's ability to forecast tomorrows weather, let alone the climate in 100 years from now. I'm sure they used to be a lot more accurate Puzzled
ski holidays
Listening to your local Pensioners and their 'arthritic' weather predictions is probably a more accurate bet. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Been watching the SKy News Snow Report with anticipation. All this warm weather we are having here is floating over the slopes, c'mon Jack Frost! Shocked
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Smokin Joe, But you and all the others are quick to moan when the Met Office "get it all wrong"!

Where have I said anything and moaned ? They cannot get forecasts right for tomorrow nevermind in three months time...........I am fully aware of that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy