Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'intelligent' jacket for snowboarders?

Poster: A snowHead
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/567010.cms

"The Hub: wearable computer

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, MARCH 18, 2004 12:50:48 AM ]
BANGALORE:
Quote:
Infineon Technologies, the German semiconductor maker, announced its entry into the wearable electronics space by showcasing a snowboard jacket embedded with electronics at a press meet in Bangalore .

Infineon has collaborated with sportswear and sports-gear maker O’Neill Europe to produce an intelligent jacket which is expected to go on sale in Europe by end August at a retail price of sub-€500.

The jacket, called ‘The Hub’, comes with functions like mobile telephony and MP3 (a coding standard for compression of data) player. Woven into the jacket are electrically conductive fabric tracks which connect the chip module to a fabric keyboard and built-in speakers in the helmet.

The chip module contains a full-featured MP3 player and is Bluetooth enabled. The microphone is integrated in the collar of the jacket. The snowboarding jacket wearer can listen to music and also take mobile calls said Reiner Schoenrock, director, media relations.

Infineon has firm projects with over 200 companies in the textile industry and many such wearable electronic clothing will soon appear in the market, he said
. "

Love it..... Will it eventually replace brain function too?? Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooooooooh! Bitch. I'll scratch your eyes out!! Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It just goes to show how much more technically advanced and what a more attractive proposition snowboarding is to such companies etc etc!

it is the future....your right PG!!! Razz Razz
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whut duz 'intteligent' mean rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just plug yourself into the jacket, it'll explain.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whut duz 'explane' mean rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bake yourself another chocolate brownie, it'll come to you.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, Surely that will lead to a higher plane?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whut duz... oh okay you got the point Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And I thought the purpose of a jacket was to keep me warm.............can someone remind me what the trousers are for???

IMHO i can't see the point.............?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bling! Skullie
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Itelligent troosers.... now thats one to woo the lay-deezee snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, I don't want In-Jacket-Entertainment: I want Automatic Climate Control.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
The snowboarding jacket wearer can listen to music and also take mobile calls said Reiner Schoenrock

It won't catch on. No snowboarder'll be able to do both at the same time....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, Seconded. Though it would have needed pretty powerful air conditioning up at Les Arcs today. Solar-powered maybe? Windpower might be the answer, but it would be no good for snowboarders.
latest report
PG wrote:
Jonpim, Seconded. Though it would have needed pretty powerful air conditioning up at Les Arcs today. Solar-powered maybe? Windpower might be the answer, but it would be no good for snowboarders.

Yeah man... we only rock on flower power dudes!
snow conditions
Oisin Osh Kelly,
Quote:

Itelligent troosers.... now thats one to woo the lay-deezee snowHead

Missed that one. Now there's a thought... they've got inflatable jackets for avalanches, why not self-inflating trousers too Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I've always found it quite easy to inflate trousers. Beans are best. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Chris Bish, Me too. Beans unecessary though. Wink (Doesn't anyone moderate the 'darkside'?)
snow report
Yes, it's good you can't tell though Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy