Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos been to Champagny en Vanoise and whats it like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well.. as the title really, found some great accommodation but would like some info on the boarding there, will we get bored with staying local or is there enough to keep going at for a couple weeks?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice village. The problem is that's it's south facing with the inevitable consequence
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is a superb village attached to the la plagne and les arcs ski area How much area do you want!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well it's La Plagne so there's plenty of runs. Some boarders whinge about the flat bits in LP but my boarder mates didn't seem to mind much. Apparently they've done a lot of work ironing out the flat bits recently so I guess it's improved.

Champagny is down the south side of the mountain on the other side to the rest of LP. It's a lovely village (with an awesome creperie...) but don't be surprised if you have to get the gondola back down at the end of the day, especially later in the season. The red down to champagny (le bois?) is really awesome with good snow though, excellent tree lined run that. One of my favourites that, I really liked heading down there on my days off. Actually, the runs on the Champagny side were all my favourites!! Tended to me much quieter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i usually go to LP in jan if the snow is good and champagny if good snow cover is lovely.

i have had ski in / ski out because of group i go with, but dislike it so a village is nicer imho
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Although it is at the end of the area the whole of La Plagne is quite accessible, and 3 lifts (if I remember right) gets you over to the Vanoise Express and then Les Arcs. That's enough for most people. As others have said skiing back to the village maybe dodgy. Le Bois is a nice run but often has poor snow cover and the red under the gondola gets thin and icy and is not very pleasant - if I'm tired I take the gondola back. Small, quiet village on the edge of a great area. Go for it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Although it is at the end of the area the whole of La Plagne is quite accessible, and 3 lifts (if I remember right) gets you over to the Vanoise Express and then Les Arcs.

And if you've got access to a car, it's only 20mins drive to Le Praz or La Tania for easy access into Courchevel and the 3 valleys
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan of yad, Previous thread here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53015
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We might be driving down, so will have my camper, does the all areas pass include the 3 valleys ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dan of yad, I think it includes one day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dan of yad, The Paradiski unlimited pass of 6 days or more includes a day in the 3 valleys and Espace Killy (Tignes, Val D'Isere).
The season pass includes days in the other resorts of the Espace Olympique Savoie but I'm not sure if the 6 day or more pass incudes that, it doesn't give that information on the La Plagne website.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers David, I was hoping the pass covered the 3 vallys, I think that's the deal clincher!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy