Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season 2012!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya guys! Me and my friend are looking at doing a season in Canada starting next year, preferably I want to work on the slopes, but I could handle bar work somewhere fun or I could handle being a rep, I am also a qualified photographer. Like I said I want to work on the mountainside!

We are both competent skiers but cant speak any other language!

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or contacts for us to make some use of?

Thanks! Louis.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
Have you done seasons anywhere before, or if not are you a bit older and wiser than you're average seasonaire? I don't know how true it is but you tend to hear that a lot of companies want to see you're an experienced seasonaire before hiring out there as it's a big cost and an amazing opportunity if it turns out you're a useless worker (not that (in some cases!) a bunch of seasons shows in any way you're a hard worker!). I wouldn't let it stop you though as it might just be rumours spread by the lucky bugs who get paid to work there to make themselves sound amazing.

Some of my mates have applied in the past and one piece of advice is get your visa applications in nice and early!

For jobs, contacts are a great help, it's amazing how many people get offers from friends over there for work. If not just take some time doing some research, decide which resort you'd like. I don't know how much use natives is for Canada but there must be some websites. find out if there are any british companies hiring, find out who runs the lifts, find out what companies are based there, get a stack of email addresses and fire off a nice email to them all. Maybe add in the email that you're not simply applying, but would like to know how best and when to apply as if they receive it during this season (unless perhaps toward the end), they'll be too busy to think about next season.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I assume you've got work visas lined up. Lots of places have on mountain photographers. Honestly being a pro photographer doesn't look like it's necessary as its more about the chat to persuade punters that they want to pose together in some cheesy pose or have action shots taken, but it is outdoors and your cv might give you an in. Most likely you'd end up as a lifty, food & beverage staff or if you've a mind to it kid's ski instructor.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get a visa ASAP (easy if you're a student/grad) and just go out there. My (very good qualified skier) friend could only get a kitchen job but he had a great time in Banff last season, he's just gone out for his second it's dumping it down so he's happy. I doubt the photography will get you anywhere than getting as many memories as you can!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get a visa ASAP (easy if you're a student/grad( and just go out there. My (very good qualified skiers) could only get a kitchen job but he had a great time in Banff last season, he's just gone out for his second it's dumping it down so he's happy. I doubt the photography will get you anywhere than getting as many memories as you can!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
louisrumball, I no that Panorama resort hire loads of Brits, so there website might be worth a look.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy