Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

INSPIRATION

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, 1st post and as the title describes, looking for a little inspiration/wise wisdom (?) for a destination for next years visit to the slopes. Caught the bug off my wife a couple of years back and loved every min. since having visited Alpe d'Huez & Les Meniures. I've become a steady intermediate (Upper Level 2) but still need/want the early morning lessons, she is already a seasoned Advanced Skier. We need a resort that would happily support both levels with a good range of runs.

Soooo many resorts out there, a few ideas to aid my search would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance ;0>
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm personally a big fan of Courchevel/ 3V. Huge variety of slopes so your wife won't be bored while you are in lessons but also a lot of beginner and intermediate runs for you.
Also some cracking ski schools around as well. In my extremely biased view Toofy Grin check out Skivo2 if you are looking for an all in one package, if you're only looking for a stand alone ski school then just look at most of the english ski school in resort, they all tend to be good. Ski magic, new gen, etc.
Good luck and welcome to snowHeads.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You don't say what your wife will be doing while you are in morning lessons. I assume she will be skiing on her own/with others from your group/chalet?

In that case IMHO a resort that has different sectors (such as the 3V) is less suitable than one where it is easy to find you at lunchtime. For example, if your instructor took you to Val Thorens and your wife had gone to Courchevel for the moprning you might manage to meet up again for an apres drink. Thus resorts that gather to a common town or those that are linked along a valley by bus would be better.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JB1, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Serre Chevalier might suit your requirements with several bowls fed by a variety of runs above the resort towns ideal for meeting after your morning lesson. Some good off-piste opportunities if your wife likes. Also, a valley bus service in case skiing to meet one another is out of the question higher up the mountain. There's an excellent British ski school based in Monetier (from experience), though I've also had excellent experience with ESF in the region too.

Good luck Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally, I'd leave it last minute and go where the Snow is. You can't be too sure these days.

I really love the Paradiski area...Miles of Piste, good off piste and plenty of other attractions. The Ski schools are good too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tiger2 wrote:
You don't say what your wife will be doing while you are in morning lessons. I assume she will be skiing on her own/with others from your group/chalet?

In that case IMHO a resort that has different sectors (such as the 3V) is less suitable than one where it is easy to find you at lunchtime. For example, if your instructor took you to Val Thorens and your wife had gone to Courchevel for the moprning you might manage to meet up again for an apres drink. Thus resorts that gather to a common town or those that are linked along a valley by bus would be better.

We'd be really interested in companies that offer/provided Ski Hosting, although my wife is happy to ski on her own, much more fun when with others of a simlar skill level. We always meet up for lunch following my lessons, which always finish at the school, so easy to meet up.

After lunch it's out again testing a couple of easyish reds/interesting runs which is great for both of us.

Thanks for the ideas, all appreciated.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud wrote:
Personally, I'd leave it last minute and go where the Snow is. You can't be too sure these days.

I really love the Paradiski area...Miles of Piste, good off piste and plenty of other attractions. The Ski schools are good too.

Agree, expect that's what we'll do but would like to know 'Roughly' where to look at, rather than waste loads of time looking at offers/resorts that will not suit us.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy