Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Tignes again this year but want to slob out in a hotel rather then do self-catering. Does anybody have any views on which are good Very Happy (or which are best avoided Sad )?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've stayed pre-season at Le Paquis which (pre Christmas at least) was reasonably priced, and had good food. It was a few years ago now (pre kids!) but I'd happily go back.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just got a great looking hotel called Hotel Le Refuge (pool etc in center of Tigne Le Lac) for early Nov - booked direct with a French company who've been excellent...
Group AcTour Consulting
30 Avenue Jean Médecin
06000 Nice
France
Tel//+33 492 472 472
Fax//+33 492 472 473
Email: reservation@all-hotels-reservation.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick L, I think dg3's suggestion of Le Refuge could be worth a follow-up. If I'm not mistaken, the hotel has been extended and re-furbished in the last couple of years, and when I had a quick look at one of the bedrooms, the place struck me as light and airy. It's handy too - 100m to the lifts.

Difficult to recommend anything not knowing what you look for in a place. The Alpaka in Le Lac is OK. Has it's own (lively) bar, roaring fire, 250m from the lifts and the food when we were there was generally good. The place is (or was) a little down at heel, and some of the bedrooms rather dated. But for all that, it was a friendly and welcoming sort of place. Run by an English lady when I was there (Dec 03).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last time I was in Tignes I used the Vanoise in Val Claret and I was really impressed with it. I'd have to say I've had better breakfasts but it was enough to keep me going until lunch Very Happy I only need quiet and clean and most French hotels miss both by a long way. The Alpaka manages neither, it certainly has a reasonable restaurant but the rooms last time I was there (2004 I think) were appalling. The bar used to be OK but the last few times I've been in has had a fairly unpleasant atmosphere.

I've also stayed at the Diva in Val Claret although not for a while, it used to be open in the autumn and it's not any more so I've not been for a while.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'v been well satisfied with the Hotel Le Refuge*** at Tignes Le Lac whenever I've had to stay there.

No restaurant, but the hotel has an arrangement with the neighbouring "Escale Blanche" or whatever it's called, if half or full board is required. Ate there last Monday, excellent meal as usual.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. Good question from Mark Hunter regarding what are we looking for but should probably be rephrased to read "What is your wife looking for?" Very Happy The rather out-of-date-ness of the Alpaka has been mentioned in another forum. The lady of the house has perused the web-sites now and has "asked" me to book le Levanna which certainly is conveniently positioned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy