Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train from Munich to St. Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. We're flying into Munich on the 14th January at around 10.30am. I was thinking about getting the train up to St. Anton. Anyone have any experience of this? I've heard traffic out of Munich a this time of the season can be problematic. So the 4 hours on train may be a bit quicker in the end.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No real idea, but it's going to be a roundabout route. At a guess Munich-Innsbruck-StAnton. Try www.bahn.de

I found the worst traffic out of Munich was going towards Salzburg. You will be going via Garmisch and over the Fernpass which should be easier.

Getting around Munich is your worst problem.

It is around 2h30m from Munich town though, so quicker than train.

Are you sure the train is 4 hours from the airport. It will take you 40min on the S-Bahn from the airport to Munich central station.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depending on time of travel, 4 or 5 hours with 2 or 3 changes
http://www.oebb.at/en/

I went Munich - Schladming last year and just book to do the same. It's easy, cheap, clean and comes with complimentary spectacular scenery
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done trains from Munich to Zell am See and Innsbruck to St Anton. Both have been really easy journeys. As noted by Dr John, the oebb.at site is worth checking. Something about it seems a bit more user friendly than the DB one.

If your journey is anything like the 2 I mentioned then happy days. Great scenery and easy times letting the train take the strain. Can I recommend a can or 2 of Otterkringer (or something like that) to ease the journey further Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not got train to St Anton but have got it several times to Ischgl. Its about the same distance and takes about the same time 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Great way to travel. Relax, have a beer or two and take in the scenery. If the party is 5 people or more you used to be able to get a big discount as well. Not sure if it still applies but worth checking out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did it with one change from Munich Centre about 8 years ago - can't remember the change. Super efficient on time, clean, beer and good views - you will need a cab at the far end though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You'll need 2 changes. Munich Airport to Munich Hauptbahnhof using the S Bahn then to Innsbruck then to St Anton. All pretty simple and should take about 4 1/2 hours depending on connections.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?revia=yes&existOptimizePrice=1&country=USA&initialAvail=ON&dbkanal_007=L01_S01_D001_KIN0001_qf-bahn_LZ003&REQ0JourneyStopsS0A=1&S=M%FCnchen+Flughafen+Terminal&REQ0JourneyStopsSID=&REQ0JourneyStopsZ0A=1&Z=St.+Anton+am+Arlberg&REQ0JourneyStopsZID=&trip-type=single&date=Sa%2C+14.01.12&time=10%3A42&timesel=depart&returnTimesel=depart&optimize=0&travelProfile=-1&adult-number=1&children-number=0&infant-number=0&tariffTravellerType.1=E&tariffTravellerReductionClass.1=0&tariffTravellerAge.1=&qf-trav-bday-1=&tariffClass=2&start=1&qf.bahn.button.suchen=
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kjoc, Its dead easy, change at Munich, then 2x on route, very quick yet civilised changes, and trains run on time! Book in advance with debahn.com, will be doing it Jan 27th. We get late flight on Friday stay in hotel next to Munich station and then get 06.40am train to St Anton, travel in ski gear - on slopes by 10.30am, leave bags in lockers at station at St Anton, walk across road to Rendlbahn. Couldnt be simpler, PM me if you need any specific info.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy