Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Levi cancelled

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There goes my weekend ski fix. Possible replacement announced on Sunday
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That must be a first. Have been checking their webcams and not a sign of the white stuff. A bit worrying that even the arctic circle resorts don't have any snow yet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well it's not really something so special. Back in days of my racing, we were normally going up to Scandinavia around 1st of November and first week or so of training, was almost always more or less artificial snow with very very little (if any) of natural snow... and this was 15 years ago. Even lately, snow up north normally doesn't come all that early. Last few races in Levi were almost all on man made snow, and 2007 races (if I remember right exact year) were also canceled... or better rescheduled to Reiteralm, which ended really crazy (with around 50cm new snow just during race Smile). But truth is, that this year it's unusually warm upthere... and down here. I don't remember having +25c in middle of October, and +10 to +15c in beginning of November, like we have now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe the seasons have seemed to move back by a month from the weather i remember as a kid. We seem to be getting more 'Indian Summers' in late September, October.

I've always wondered why the WC circuit doesn't go into April and May more. Would make sense to me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud wrote:
I've always wondered why the WC circuit doesn't go into April and May more. Would make sense to me.

How many races have you done in April that have been held on hard snow ? The WC stops in March for a good reason.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many of the Resorts in Canada and the US still have hard snow in April. Perhaps they should think of changing the rota and move the North American one's back. It maybe a solution.

And apart from Slalom and GS...why can't Downhill and SG be raced in softer snow? It doesn't always have to be boiler plate, that's a modern phenomenom. Injecting water into the course and letting it freeze.

Just throwing some ideas out there. Better than Cancelled races surely?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud,
Quote:

why can't Downhill and SG be raced in softer snow?

you wouldn´t want a high start number that´s for sure, way too dangerous, think of the ruts.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
primoz, Not sure Reiteralm will be the replacement this time around. There's been some artificial down for a couple of weeks towards the top and out the sun but not sure that's enough and no snow forecast any time soon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well soft snow didn't stop these Dudes back in the day...
http://youtube.com/v/ceIViCbbTIg&feature=related

I think we've all become set in our ways and expect things to be perfect these day's...in all Sports.

With the way the Weather is contantly changing, from year to year, the Sport is going to have to start thinking outside the box a little. Too much money is involved these day's and with Cancellations, many business and Individuals lose out, which is not good for the Sport in the future.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
waynos, Raiteralm is definitely out of question at the moment Smile I don't think it's any better there then 200km down south where I'm now. Nice warm autumn....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Give it a couple of weeks and it will be like the Arctic. You can count on that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, ahh those were the days when ski racers were real men, none of this namby pamby safety netting, back protectors, arm guards,mouth shields and helmets Shocked Laughing

Great clip!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy