Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet and glasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a specs/prescription sunnies wearer who is going to invest in a helmet for the first time.

Obviously, I intend to try the helmets on when wearing the specs/sunnies.

Any problem with wearing specs with a helmet, or anything to be aware of when buying helmet?

Cheers

Dobby
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dobby, I wear glasses and have been a helmet wearer since the time when Boeri bone-domes were the only helmet available.

I find that Giro helmets (fuse, G10, shiv) work well with glasses, but I've just bought a POC Bug and that's fine too - main question is whether the side foam bits interfere with the arms of your glasses, if they do, you'll get pressure sores on your nose and your vision will be blurred as the glasses move around. Solution is to move or cut sections/channels out of the side foam inserts (the removable bits with velcro on them) and that does the trick. But Giro and POC may work without any mods. The POC didn;t work when it had the thick foam inserts at the sides but the moment I swapped for the (supplied) thin ones, it was fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dobby, the main problem tends to be getting shot at by the style police snipers for looking so dorky wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, yes, it's right up there with necrophilia.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, I didn't know Sir Jimmy Saville use to ski.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dobby,

I wear a Giro helmet with specs and a pair of Oakley L frame goggles. I find it much better than prescription sunglasses and bobble hat Happy No misting up and much more comfortable. I did rip all of the foam out from the top and bottom of the goggles to help with ventilation.
The only problem I have had is what valais2 says. With a my new specs where the arms don't curl down behind my ear but are straight with a little bobble on the end. Some helmets push against the bobble which is very uncomfortable.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, well we didn't know about that until someone split on him.

Meanwhile, back on track, dobby, have you considered goggles with prescription inserts?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sunnies and helmets are the new platform heels and so extremely fashionable (if you live in Hoxton).

Finally the rest of the world catches up with us Gapers and one day we will rule the slopes....one day...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dobby, Hast thou considered contact lenses Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been wearing helmet and sunnies when the weather is good for quite a few years now. Helmet to protect head, sunnies to protect eyes. I don't give a flying **** if people think it looks wrong, I'm not wearing them for their benefit. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big Paua, I see what you mean, although wearing a helmet with or without sunnies is perhaps just a tad over cautious for this popular area of the metropolis rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davehk, ....likewise....form is best when it follows function .... There was a time not so many years ago when loads of people really took the p&££ out of me for wearing a helmet whilst skiing - at the time (around 2000) there were only a handful wearing them, but I'd started since I had been wearing helmets climbing for years, and mountain biking. It seemed a sensible thing to do. Helmets and prescription glasses - form following function. In fact - maybe uber cool if you have some cool frames. Stick with it. I wear prescription glasses all the time with my helmets and no-one has commented or stared in the opposite direction in an embarrassed way - or taken me away and given me a good talking to about style. When the wind gets up and the snow starts coming horizontally then out come clear prescription glasses and on go the cebe or Scott org orange tint goggles. Simples.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
valais2, ..bleeding autocorrect spelling on the iPad....org should read 'otg' ie over the glasses goggles
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Valais2, thanks for the comments. Style is not my main concern. Anyone seeing me in my combo of in-the-sales ski jacket and women's salopettes [they were only £10; apparently I am a size 16 - my backside does look big in them] could see that. And anyway, looking stylish the way I ski would be just wrong. Jivebaby, I have tried contacts but I don't get on too well with them at the moment.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy