Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

redrilling bindings b2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When redrilling bindings how important is it to have the bindings mounted 100% accurately. Does it matter if they are a little out (couple of mm) Also the new mounting points for the toe piece will be very close to original holes (3mm apart) will this be OK.

The skis are B2 bandits. The old holes will be filled. many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3mm is too close. I'd normally want 10mm seperation but with a metal topsheet & if you're not heavy/aggressive you'll be ok with 8mm. If they're that close just keep the original toe location.

In reality a couple of mm out in alignment won't affect things although it would bug me looking at my skis with the bindings on the pi$$.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it's pretty important as you would expect, you should get away with 1-2mm as long as it's no more than that you shouldn't notice it but therers no reason not to have them 100%, 3mm between holes is not enough IMO you should really have 5/6mm but that will also depend on what ski it is and it's construction but that's a general rule.

5-6mm is edge to edge so about 1cm centre to centre
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy