Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Aime (for La Plagne)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help with suggestions for travelling from Geneva to Aime next season. I know there is the car hire thing which is probably the most expedient but am looking into public transport options of bus or train.
Train - can you get a direct train?
Are there regular bus/coaches during the season? (I know there are from Lyon airport)
Anyone have any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There should be regular buses - checkout www.altibus.com - but it doesn't look like next year's timetables are on line yet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mouth, The buses are very regular but you do have to book on-line to guarantee your seats (you can just turn up at the desk in gva, but you'll be last in the queue

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 22-08-05 20:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Mouth, http://www.gva.ch/en/transport/tpublics2.asp
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, When I went to La Tania last year, they made the people who had pre book wait until 10:00 where as the people who just walked up went straight to the front. Scheming Swiss b&stards. ALOT of very peeved pre bookers that day who nearly missed the coach.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, were they charging the walk-ons more? Seems a bit odd. Has to be said that the train's a nicer but long winded journey.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee,
Quote:

Scheming Swiss b&stards

You'll have ise on your case, with a statement like that, you know how sensitive he is about all things Swiss Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny, ahh they were shite, my mate is a proper Swisser and even she admits theyre crap at some stuff, so im ready.! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbunny, I know what Nade means, We did the Swiss lotto for 6 months before someone mentioned in passing that only Swiss Nationals could win it. Hadn't stopped them taking our money each week!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin,
Quote:

We did the Swiss lotto for 6 months before someone mentioned in passing that only Swiss Nationals could win it

That is both very funny, and sad!
Try El Gordo, the big Spanish one. Runs at Christmas. I know several Brits who have won prizes Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth, no direct trains but you can get a train direct from the airport to Geneva City station and walk from the Swiss side to the French platforms. Various trains with a few different changing options but you have to get to Chambery where you get a train to Bourg St Maurice, it's slow and stops at every station but it's quite scenic. It'll take about 4 1/2 hrs which is probably about the same time as the bus.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone and looks like the bus may be best route. Have made a note of the website to check later in year when the timetable is up and running
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mouth, if you can fly to Chambery instead of Geneva (FlyBe from Southampton is closest to you), it's easy to take a taxi downtown to the station and direct trains to Aime (en route to BSM) will take about 1:40 mins (it's not so far but they are all stopping trains AFAIK). Taxi and one way fare will be about 30 Euros only.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kuwait_ian, Thanks but it for friends flying from Scotland on a cheapo Globespan deal!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, OK - if there are enough of them, hiring a car might be worth doing and traffic and road conditions permitting would certainly be quicker than all the chopping and changing on trains or waiting for a bus. Also it can get you right up the hill to La Plagne from Aime.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy