Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowpulse XTREM 22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been hovering around airbags for some time, on first look this seems a good bag at a decent price with removable cylinder for when skiing with kids.

Anyone got/used one or have any views?

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Greg the Xtrem 22 is the new design for this season, we have played a little with them but not used or tested them properly, thats why I have not got them on my site yet.

The airbag system is different to the other Snowpulse bags and only inflates behind the head rather than around the head, neck and torso like the Proriders, Guides and Tour bags.

The RAS system is a removable airbag system that can be attached to other back packs, as well as the Xtrem 22 there are Pro35 and also other sacks from Mammut which this system will fit.

It may well be a good system which will gain popularity over the coming seasons as the range of backpacks it will fit increases.

My only concern at the moment is that this is a compromise type of product to get around the ABS patent on interchangable backpacks. Plus has to be strapped into the pack you are using and therefore is more Susceptible to user error and degradation of the fixing over time with repeated fixing and un fixing the system to the bags.

After saying all this Snowpulse make the best quality airbags IMHO on the market and I can not see them launching a product that has any serious problems.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
livetoski, thanks alot. I Am only looking at this as in a typical family week I may ski 3 days off piste, then 3 days on with the kids and friends etc. Do the other bags not allow any removal of the airbag sytem in order to lighten the bag when on piste?

cheers,

Greg
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
*bump*, or asking the question another way, if I wanted a pack that I could use both on and off piste, whilst making it as light as possible when skiing with the kids on piste, which back should I go for Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski,
Quote:

f I wanted a pack that I could use both on and off piste, whilst making it as light as possible when skiing with the kids on piste, which back should I go for

If you need the space to carry all the kids gear, then you might get away with a Snowpulse prorider 15 or a BCA Float 18. The option you always have if your on piste all day with the kids is to use the pack without the cylinder attached.

The Float 18 is smaller of the two packs, but the Snowpulse gives better protection to your chest and head in the event of an avi.

If your wating to go bigger then this seasons Snowpulse Guide 30 is the best bet, it has pretty good compression straps so can be thined down when not using the whole pack Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, It's more I don't to carry the weight of the airbag "bits" when skiing with the kids. So your saying 90% of that weight is the cylinder, is that correct??

My current 22L avalung bag seems ok size wise....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, no the cylinders are approx 500g only approx 60% of the extra weight the other bits the airbag itself and the venturi inflation system can no be removed.

The weight of the packs and the feel of the packs is different!

Because the Snowpulse bags have the airbags inside the straps and behind the head the straps are a little bigger with more padding this distribtes the weight more evenly and therefore they do not feel much heavier than a normal pack.

The airbag in the Floats sits high up on the pack, at the top behind your head.

Size wise the Float 18 without the cylinder offers slighly more space than the Prorider 15, however with the cylinder in the Float, the Prorider has more space like for like.

The Guide 30 from Snowpulse as I mentioned has good compression straps so can be slimmed down to about the same size as the 15

I can get the Xtrem 22 RAS system on very quick delivery price is about £579 I think

The weight of the Prorider 15 without cylinder is the same as the Xtrem 22 without the cylinder Puzzled just to add more confusion
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
livetoski, sending you a PM!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy