Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Supershape Titan

Poster: A snowHead
I've skied a week on the Magnums and I got on with them really well, I've yet to ski the Titan which I hope to next time I'm in the Glasgow fridge. What appeals to me is the greater width in the waist, so will be up to some offpiste in theory. I've not caught any good powder for quite a few holidays now so my off piste skis have been a bit redundant and I've been selling off some old pair to fund the purchase.

Anyone have these or can offer alternatives to what I should also be looking at? I'm 6'4", 17ish stone pretty advanced but not expert.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have both titans and magnums and the titans are a great ski and my current all rounders. i am 6'4 and 16 stone and they give plenty of float for off piste, go for em... if you liked your magnums you will love the titans.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret,

Cheers. Would you mind giving me a bit of a review? It's hard to find genuine reviews you can trust, but good to hear you get on with them being a similar height and weight. I do love the Mags but Titans as backed up by your reply seem the better choice for an all rounder. What bindings do you have and where did you buy them if you don't mind me asking?

I'm finding ski and binding deals for around £500.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
to be honest they ski very similar to the magnums but i find them a bit more stable at speed and the tails feel a bit stiffer. i use the stock bindings and plates. The plates on them arent great but they have improved over the years, the older ones were a bit flimsey imo... I would prefer a VIST plate or similar

not sure what pretty advanced means but if you can carve the bottom half of your turn you should get on fine with these....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret,

Cheers. Would love to call myself an expert but never do! Skied more days than I can remember from an early age including a year out where I got my instructors badge is Banff followed by a season in NZ plying my new trade, done very little instructing since. Ski holidays 3/4 times a year these days, in those weeks I do a pretty broad spectrum of skiing really if I'm with my OH I stick to crusing the pistes with her with a guided off piste day, lads holidays more of the same with more guided days, and one more extreme guided week with another mate of a similar ability (Le Grave last two seasons). So pretty much any slope any conditions as a rule of thumb or how my fitness is!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Grizwald, get your credit card out wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, thanks for review. I'm looking for titans just for these proposes. What length of theTitan you ski on? What could you advise for me (6', 83kg, level 8/10, ex metron b5 162 cm skier)? Thanks for replay beforehand

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 2-11-11 13:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Serpit, well they come in 177 170 and 163 i think... i am on the longest my daughter is on 170 and is 5'8, if you are after some off piste as well i would go longer than shorter .. 177 would be right imv for a 6 footer that can ski... my partner at Inside Out Skiing Rob is on 170's and is around 5'8 as well
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bit on a novice at this ski buying business but I have an irrational urge to do so

Looking at some Titans. Best deals seem to be from Europe but the skis come with FF 11 bindings rather than FF 14 ones from UK shops

Had a quick look at the Head website but can make head nor tail of the issue

So my question is, does it matter between the FF11 and FF14.

Not skiied on Titans (I know I know) but have hired Magnums in the past , and enjoyed Salomon 24 hours on a recent trip.

Titan seemed to get better reviews though, particularly for non piste stuff, which I am venturing into a bit, if only to retrieve my eldest.

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blastfromthepast, depends on what DIN setting you'd use....(I'm guessing the FF11 goes to 11 and the FF14 to 14!)

Had my Titans out in St Anton over Easter, a fantastic ski, worked well at 9 year old kid pace as well as longs, shorts, variables & fresh in poor light!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
£389 on ebay with the FF14's
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, As I said, bit of a novice......rental shop sets the DIN number, I take no notice.

Just had a quick surf on DINs, based on weight 105kg, height 6-2 and boot length 32.7 cm, age 42, solid piste skiier I come out under 11 (although on the table I looked at you would need to be some sort of freak to come out above 11.....giant with tiny boots ?!?)

You helped me before re Stuben -did you get out there again this year ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blastfromthepast, I'm selling my iTitans, length 177cm FF14 bindings, 4 weeks use, no damage other than really minor scratches. 2010-2011 model year. £250.00

Also got a pair @ 163cm, same condition and bindings, same price.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blimey, there's a lot of tall pie lovers on this thread. Very Happy Well, here's another (6'2", 15.5st) chirping in.

skimottaret, If I trade the Magnums for Titans, how will they deal with slow, short turns and slightly tired legs? This where I find the Mags hard going. Confused
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mollerski, have to say that surprises me a bit as i find the magnums fairly soft in the shovel and easy to hook up and turn, they tend to stiffen up as the speed picks up, if anything the Titans feel a bit stiffer in tails than the magnums but other than that and a bit more float ski pretty similar to me... (note my magnums were the non KERS ones and the Titans have the Kers thingy, not sure this makes much odds but they do feel like they stiffen up at speed and in the tails...)
ski holidays
Blastfromthepast, Yes was at Stuben over easter. My titans have kirs, I found they let you know if you get your weight back a bit, which is good IMHO!!
snow report
skimottaret,

Probably my lack of fitness then. wink
snow report
I've only tried Titans in the MK fridge and they seemed great there, although not the place to really test them. I guess you could say they work reasonably well at low speed.
But I saw a lot of Titans out in Canada this season and as I was interested in a pair myself I asked a few decent skiers what they thought of them. Feedback was pretty positive and especially on their versatility for dabbling off-piste. So I was all set on buying a pair and then did a last minute swerve and bought some Movement Le Fers instead - untested.
snow report
Just bought some Titans. Arrive next week fingers crossed -first skis I've ever owned. Very excited. Sportube to carry them in. 7 months till I can try them ! snowHead
latest report
Skis have arrived via Snowinn. Bit of tooing and froing but dealt with very professionally

What do I need to do with them now before skiing on them ? Wax ? Binding check ? Puzzled
ski holidays
Blast from the past, do you still have your magnums... Are you still looking to sell them?
ski holidays
Sorry... I meant Titans!!
ski holidays
Lpatz, I have a couple of sets of iTitans I'd sell, both 2013 models, both with 4 days use on good snow, one pair of 177cm Freeflex Pro 14 the other 168cm Freeflex Pro 12, £300 each.
snow report
Still have them -great skis -am keeping them !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy