Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

...but I'm a bloke (take two)....

Poster: A snowHead
...ok, after the embarrassing female graphics on skis discussion I've run up against the whole gendered skiing business again.

All of you who watched 'La Grave, a skier's journey' on the recent threads may have noticed that Chad Sayers wears a pink helmet in the 'in the forest' sections. Interesting I thought. And I need a new helmet (actually let's just check that, fact is, I feel like a new helmet purchase coming on....not least because, according to industry insiders, we should buy a new one after every three years since the polymerisers in the eps go all weird and the eps goes brittle - but that's a completely different thread, I think) - so, I phone a few 'ard people and they say, yes you should buy a flouro pink one. Pink. Not yellow. Or mauve. Or green. Or blue. Pink.

I'll say it again. Pink.

Why? Because if you get 'into trouble' - tree wells, slides, etc etc - then flouro pink is absolutely the most visible colour, apparently.

So I go to my local, and ask for a pink helmet - after everyone stops laughing and pick themselves off the floor, I find an AMAZINGLY PINK Poc Receptor Bug helmet. And this this is really pink. Really really pink (note I'm trying to habituate my self to the whole pink thing by saying 'pink' a lot).

I get this thing, and show it to my 6 year old son who says (you guessed...) 'dad you can't wear that...it's REALLY PINK!!!!'

So there it is. I have joined the ranks of really gnarly in-the-trees skiers by buying a pink helmet.

Good grief.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pink helmets are the norm I would have thought Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valais2, the pink you describe is a good colour in snow and is quite cool for guys (I'm told by teenage sons). They would consider wearing a bright pink baselayer for hockey training etc, ok. They haven't gone so far as to request pink rugby boots but have seen them on some players Shocked Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
valais2, hahaha! Ace!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lou, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes or there will be a lot of explaining to the missus and a nasty trip to the Docs Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Purple's good!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In my nephews football games a few players have really bright pink boots.. men are reclaiming the colour from the girls hehehe
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From a pink lover - go for it!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Purple Helmets Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/qJyzxHGM2YE
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And from the Isle of Man TT 2007

http://youtube.com/v/lnjjnNH-gcg
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
valais2, real men wear pink. 'Nuff said.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
valais2, baby stop fighting it wink

Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
valais2, pink has traditionally been a male colour anyway. Pink and black are the colours of Cheltenham College, until fairly recently, a boys school.

Go for it, but pick a masculine pink!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zero-G, ...phew...looks like I'm going to carry it off...

(and excellent thread on quivers which you started there....)

and andyph (btw trying to work out the references in your handle...and 'Nam???? The war stopped with Nixon ...) boy this helmet is a masculine pink ... (deep voice) VERY masculine don't y know....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andyph, + Sussex boys hockey (mainly black)
ski holidays
valais2, Chelt Nam, not Viet Nam. rolling eyes

Get your pink helmet out on the slopes and I'm sure everyone will know you're all man. Shocked Very Happy
snow report
valais2, Anything else you'd like to get off your chest whilst we're at it? Y'know.. problem shared, closet open, worms everywhere... an' all that.. Toofy Grin

(actually, all joking aside, Zero-G has it right - spot on)
snow conditions
valais2, I had 2 pink MTB helmets. Cracked one. Still use the other. Go for it. Smile
latest report
Schuss in Boots, ...well...come to think of it, I occasionally had bad thoughts....mainly about world domination (meester bond...)
ski holidays
stoat of the dead, ...it cracked...it saved your life....and it was pink! Wonderful news.
snow report
stoat of the dead, wearing a pink bike helmet is only the start of your problems wink
latest report
valais2, I knew it! You have a white puss...... ummm... cat... don't you? Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy