Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Morgins, PDS, for feb half term. What're the roads going to be like

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year we drove to morgins for easter and caught a norfolkline ferry to dunkerque on good friday evening. The journey was easy and mostly traffic apart from trying to follow the aa's route over the mountains north of Geneva. Bad move and this time we'll just stick to motorway the whole way.
This year we have to go at feb half term, no choice. My options don't include flying as the cost is stupid for sat to sat. So it's the ferry and a long drive again. Options include Norfolkline on friday night again or sat morning going to Dunkerque, Calais or Boulogne. I should think the overnight journey will be ok traffic wise, but what's the day going to be like. Will the motorway to Geneva be ok and only get bad heading for the other resorts after that and not heading into the PDS?. Anyone do the drive last half term?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mac, it sounds as if you may have routed through the Juras, bad move. The easiest and quickest way to the PdS is to use the A26/E5 to Langres, then go via Gray, Bescancon & Pontarlier to the Swiss border, autoroute then past Lausanne, Montreaux to Monthey, Morgins is about 20 mins from Monthey. It's a comfortable 8 1/2 drive from the channel ports. Just make sure you have your Swiss vignette.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 22-08-05 15:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll check your route as soon as I get a chance, thanks.
We didn't get a vignette last year and the in laws, who have driven a few times, have never bothered, saying they didn't know about it when I mentioned it last year. Where do you normally get it and has anyone ever been stopped for not having it?.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mac, I've used that route for a good number of years but was once convinced to try going through Geneva and on to Dijon, pre autoroute days, only once and never again. You can get a vignette from the Swiss Centre, Leicester Sq. London or buy at the border. It will cost you 40 FCH about £15, lasts a year could save a fine of at least 100 FCH if you're stopped without one. I've never heard of anyone being stopped but for £15.00 I'd sooner not have the hassle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy