Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi/ lidl gear

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

only draw back was that one of the security guards wanted to touch it everytime I went out side

And the jacket? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anotherproblem, Yep I do, just stating the whole case!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Walked past Lidl today and noticed that their adult Helmets are due in in a weeks time, along with thermal bases, some adult jackets and other odds and ends... You have been warned...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just had this email:

http://newsletter.lidl.co.uk/c/mv

Ski Wear in on Thu 10th November
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smile Smile 3 thermals for under £18 no complaints here and don't smell anything like old helly Hansen stuff been using for years Smile just advised brother to see what can get from here and decathlon for nephews 1st ski trip hopefully will be cheaper than they envisaged.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The weapon strength screenwash is in too for anyone who wants it...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My niece just got Lidl helmet, goggle, sunnies, snow boots & base layers for her first ski trip with me at Easter Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bought a ski helmet in Lidl today for £19.99.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was in buying some beers this evening. Helmets look very good. Full Class B, modern inmold with hard shell and looking quite similar to Giro 9 or 10. Thermals also look quite techy & decent.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, think we came to the conclusion last year they probably were re-badged Giros http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1795955&highlight=lidl+giro#1795955
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do LIDL do holidays in the UK?

Saw a ski holiday advertised for 99 euros at my local LIDL the other day, didn't have time to stop and check it out though. Obviously won't include pass or travel but its still cheaper than a weeks rent for me!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Esco, They did a couple of years back (or maybe it was Aldi) but haven't seen anything for a while.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mrs Tirol bought a helmet from Lidl yesterday, impressed with the fit and finish for £20.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep my very fashion conscious teenage and nearly teenage girls looked round all the big name helmets at the NEC ski show last year and all decided their Aldi/Lidl ones were a) cooler and b) a better fit and it was the 12 year old darksider who spotted the fact the rather pricey Giros were identical but for a few decals.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought the Aldi helmet last year thinking that if I liked it I would upgrade. No point upgrading, the Aldi helmet was perfect.

ski holidays
Looks like Aldi gear will be in stores next week http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_22166.htm
latest report
Looks good... Anyone had experience with the aldi merino wool base layer top? What they like?
ski holidays
Aldi-Süd here in Germany had soft shell jackets and tops in this week. They went like hot cakes and I missed my chance to pick up a new jacket Crying or Very sad They seem to be doing far more technical gear this year than last year. I'm not sure if it will be bought over to you guys in the UK, but if it is the jackets and trousers I saw and looked at (sadly all too small for my lardy frame) looked an excellent quality and a bargain to boot!
ski holidays
I bought the Merino stuff 2 years ago. It's fantastic, I will be buying it again. It's an absolute steal at that price.
snow conditions
tomb, +1 for the merino.
snow report
Samerberg Sue, ladies jacket is a rather dull dark grey with green zips. Not sure about it. I may get some soft shell pants though if they fit.
ski holidays
Aldi merino is great kit for the price. And great to see some kids Merino as well
ski holidays
great, i will definitely grab a pair then! And a loads of socks!

Softshell looks ugly... shame because i was looking for one which was relatively cheap!
latest report
Yep tomb, last years softshell looked far better (plain black with red detail)
snow report
Hells Bells, The ones I saw were a very practical anthracite grey with pink flashings. Very smart looking, but sadly not in my size. The men's were a really nice sky blue jacket with plain anthracite trousers.
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, I'll pop in and take a look on thursday then. And perhaps Wednesday evening as well, as they sometimes put them out early. Men's softshell doesn't look as nice as last years though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy