Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap skiing in Eastern Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking into a skiing holiday in Eastern Europe for 2 people. We've looked at a couple of resorts so far such as Jasna in Slovakia and Bukovel in the Ukraine. I'm really just trying to see if anyone has any other specific recommendations. We know we're traveling from the 7th to 14th of Feb and coming in and leaving from Vienna so somewhere that's easily accessible from there would be great. We also come up with a list of things in order of preference for us:

part of an 'authentic' village - ie cheap local restaurants serving local cuisine, a lack of spoken english is not a problem
cost - we are students travelling on a fairly restrictive budget so cost is important
accommodation - we would prefer our own hotel room or apartment, we're not really looking for backpackers
preference for slopes with a good variety of intermediate level runs (I'm teaching my boyfriend how to ski), below the tree line (prettier in my opinion) and maybe longer but that's not a necessity.
not too busy - we looked at Jasna but apparently our travel dates are in the middle of Slovakian school holidays and queues can be aweful...thoughts?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ajjcampbell, I can't help with your questions, but welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey I've been to Jasna, I really liked it. A lot of Jasna is below the tree line but the slopes aren't that near the main village. We stayed right on the slopes and there were a few restaurants nearby and a bigger town further away.

I've posted quite a lot on here about it and various resorts I've been to in Slovenia as well if you do a search
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ajjcampbell, is there a particular reason why you are wanting Eastern Europe rather than Austria given you are flying into Vienna? There are some places not too far from Vienna which might work for you, I'm thinking of Semmering, Stuhleck, Hochkar...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Predeal in Romania might fit the bill, its small but probably enough for BFs first week in the mountains but Poiana Brasov and Sinaia are very close and easy to get to by car if you have one or public transport if you want more variety. Quiet and very pretty runs through the forests, and its most certainly an East European village. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the hotel I stayed in with the kids (but can probably find out if you want) but it was really friendly, had a great ski school just in case trying to teach BF yourself becomes too stressful and is slap bang at the bottom of the slope. Plenty of cheap to expensive (for Eastern Europe) eateries around where a random selection of European languages will come in handy! Was there late Feb in 2009 and while it was a bit busy at the weekend it was uncrowded in the week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajjcampbell, Take a look for Kosovo Brezovica or Macedonia Zare Lazarevski for to give some example, and also Kopaonik in Serbia is real good, this resort have alot better snowquality than for example Jasna and other resorts in Slovakia or in Romania, and also less crowdy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apart from the possible queues, Bansko would fit your bill nicely, especially the old town.

And welcome to snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kolasin and Savin Kuk, Montenegro

Popova Shapka, Macedonia
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy