Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend trip for large group (30)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve been cursed with the task of with booking a group trip for a Thursday – Sunday stay in February or March for around 30 of my colleagues for the annual work ski trip. A 3 night trip starting on Thursday may work as well.

I’ve made a few inquiries but am finding that travel agents are quoting trips at average/less snow sure resorts that are more expensive than last year’s trip – we stayed in Les Deux Alpes for a bit over £400 for flights, accom and transfers. Our biggest constraint is that we don’t want a transfer time > 2 hrs from the airport. We are currently getting quotes of £550+ for places like Megeve and Courmayeur. We don’t mind booking a whole hotel/chalet/B&B, and at this point, I’ve established that we have an accom-only budget of around £75 pp per night. Does anyone know of a chalet hotel/B&B/etc that may be able to take a group like ours?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
aussie82, welcome to snowheads. You're not coming from Australia, presumably? wink

Be aware that the French peak season is the four weeks ending 11 March - so from mid Feb - mid March you won't be finding bargains in France, especially in rather expensive resorts such as Megeve.

Other countries might be more flexible.

If you are keen on France, Flaine is cheaper - and very easy transfer from Geneva. Pretty snowsure too, and a big area. But best either go the week beginning 4 February at the latest, or leave it till latter half of March.

Apart from costs, why go somewhere where there will be lift queues and crowded pistes?

Chamonix also worth looking at - very easy transfer and a big range of accommodation, and maybe more flexible than some places about non standard periods.

Les Deux Alpes is certainly cheaper than Megeve, on the whole - can you do a repeat of last year's trip?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
aussie82,

Hi

I have sent you a PM
Flight to Verona (90 mins from resort)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy