Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Little people skiing :D

Poster: A snowHead
Our wee one goes for her first official ski lesson tomorrow snowHead

folk at work didn't believe that 3 year olds can ski so I found proof... and I came across this.

http://youtube.com/v/k2O5SKlvHko

very cool.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How cool is that!!!
Was in La Plagne last year, stopped outside our chatlet, and a little one pulled up, his Mum (i assume) took his ski's off, and he CRAWLED away.
He was no older than 2, but Mum was a ski instructor, so probably born on the snow.
Is that cruel?
Can't wait for my son to be old enough to ski (next year hopefully), but then he'll probably be better than me before he's six!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stew72, I'm hoping our wee one turns out to be 100 times better than me Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, outstanding snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep. I recognise that stage! The little one in the video below was 1y10m when this was taken, so didn't quite have the same level of control:

http://youtube.com/v/O1xovYeMdUI

The other skier is his elder brother, who started about the same age and now is
shoogly wrote:
100 times better than me Very Happy

shoogly, You might recognise the skis when they arrive!

(edited to correct his age - I was only out by a year!)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 28-10-11 15:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

his Mum (i assume) took his ski's off, and he CRAWLED away.

He was no older than 2,

Hmm. Maybe too knackered to walk. I'd be a bit worried if I had a 2 year old who couldn't walk. I feel like crawling, sometimes, when I take my skis off.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A couple of the instructors I know have said they don't put their kids on skis till they're 4. Depends on the kids, I suppose; some will love it, some won't.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know a guy who's parents strapped skis to his feet (in the UK) when he was learning to walk. He still has a weird walk lol, but he's a kick-ass skier!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly wrote:
Our wee one goes for her first official ski lesson tomorrow snowHead

folk at work didn't believe that 3 year olds can ski so I found proof... and I came across this.

http://youtube.com/v/k2O5SKlvHko

very cool.

Doesn't look before turning 180 degrees!

Doesn't look when skiing backwards!

Mogul mice, I hate 'em wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That top video is amazing. I soooo hope my kid when i have one will love the snow and skiing. I want one now!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
.... all I would say is that if the kid has fun then they will want to have more FUN (i.e. do it again). All too often I encounter rather overly pushy parents. The kids just wanna have fun and at the end of the day being out in the cold and damp snowy environment is pretty miserable if you are forced to be there so having fun makes it bearable if nothing else!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, when you have kids you'll discover it's far too expensive to take them skiing. wink After we started having kids it was over 10 years before we could afford to go skiing!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a student who has just turned nine - this season will the seventh that he's skied with me. I've taught a number of two year olds, all of whom had older siblings who skied.

Teaching the 22 month old last season was just torturous, for both me and him. When I say a child is too young, and plainly doesn't want to "have a go" please listen! Very Happy

Don't know why you'd want to have your three year old carry poles around all day, though - just one more thing to drop off the chair lift. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Often get passed by whole packs of those on the local slopes... makes for a fun spectator sport seeing them trying to out do each other even at 4.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, ...we took a lot of advice from friends who own a ski school and we did as they said, which was to start at around 2 and a half, but simply have them do a few short runs down a 50m slope and then rest up - this was outside a restaurant on a very quiet track, and they were very happy alternating skiing and toboganning for a couple of hours, just a few runs (with me carrying them back up) and then quite a lot more toboganning, and then a hot chocolate. It's easy to damage joints at a very early age, and so for the season when they were three and a half they had morning lessons but quite relaxed ones, and a long sleep in the afternoon. They started skiing hard (ie all morning in lessons and then all afternoon with us) when they were 4 and a half. They do about 8 weeks a year on snow, and so they've reached a pretty high level, with one of them in particular being a very technical skier with very developed technique - he (like the child in the first vid) is also a switch-merchant and insists on loads of jumping, but mostly he just rails it wherever he goes - he got the idea of getting on his edges and then that was it, just gets up onto the edge everywhere, with very little skidding, and on 5m radius skis can carve all over the hill.
ski holidays
First lesson down... She loved it Very Happy

30 mins was enough though but she was smiling beginning to end. Proud daddy Happy
ski holidays
shoogly, snowHead so sweet.
snow report
shoogly, awwww cute! Very Happy go girl snowHead
latest report
shoogly, Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Awwww.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy