Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Gardena or Arabba (alta Badia area)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to both? Which is the best for 2 late thirties/early forties guys? Not too bothered about beer, although we do usually have 3-4 each night, unless it's in France, when we melt snow and drink that. More interested in skiing. Level good intermediate/early advanced.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Based on your requirements I would say Arraba, though Val gardena (especially Selva) would come a close second.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for Arabba here. Right on the Sella Ronda, very Italian ( unlike Selva ), some quiet(ish) bars and good restaurants with reasonable ( compared to France ) prices. And it has the more challenging of the piste skiing on the doorstep.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the same reasons as CP states, Arabba, although I don't think you would find Val Gardena a disapointment. Skiing is good in both really, just different. Anyway you can get from either resort to the other quite quickly so it's not all or nothing. Personally I like the small, cosy Italian feel to Arabba. A few bars for drinks but no real nightlife as in Selva.

I'm going back to Arabba again for the fifth season running in Feb and still find new places to ski. I've been meaning to do the WWI ski tour for ages, so want to do that this time
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arabba probably just does it. Let the forum know if you need to know any more info about the town / area / skiing etc although there's loads already on here if you search. There's 3 or 4 bars in Arabba which is all you need. Lots of good value hotels and it's in a perfect place for the Sella Ronda and probably slightly easier to get to from Venice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arabba! Great hotel is the Evaldo...phone and ask for Cristina.

Do Sella Ronda on Day 1...easy peasy. Do Marmolada on Day 2...wonderful. Day 3 is the biggie... Take a taxi and do Cinque Torre then a bus up the hill to Lagazoi, up the cable car, do the run under the cable car, then up it again and down the Hidden Valley to the best mountain restaurant in the galaxy - Rifugio Scotoni. Then rejoin the Sella Ronda at Corvara by being towed by horses with ropes (no kidding!) to the chairlift, then clockwise back to Arabba. Then have a beer and toast me, because I have just described a phenomenal day of skiing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I will second the Evaldo - really nice hotel with great facilities, great food and excellent staff.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can ski back to Lagazuoi now from the Cinque Torre. It's a really interesting circuit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy