Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time to book and which resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I, plus two teenage daughters are planning to go skiing towards the end of january and I was wondering if it is best to leave it to the last minute to book or not? We have had a couple of weeks tuition in eastern europe and would like to venture further west, possibly Austria or Italy. Our criteria would be: somewhere pretty, long blues or reds, some tuition, not too busy and value for money, we would also be hiring all our equipment. Any advice would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Saul

Take a look at Chiesa Valmalenco ski deals in January offered by Bella Ski Italia it might fit the bill and offers excellent value for money in a wonderful alpine setting,with easy progression runs, ideal early intermediate skiing,quite family resort..... prices include 7 nights half-board 6 day ski pass and equipment rental take a look on

http://www.bellaskiitalia.com/page_chiesa_valmalenco.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Saul67,

Late Jan is a great time to go - all resort are a bit quieter then, and better deals to be had. You will be sure to find somewhere with a good deal if you wait until a few weeks before, and gives you a chance to see how snow is shaping up in different areas of the Alps before deciding on a location. Afraid my knowledge of Austria and Italy is a more limited so can't help there, but plenty of quiet resorts fit that bill in france too if that is of interest. Switzerland possibly going to be a bit pricier this year.

cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
saul67, Smile

We have been to Niederau in Austria and i have been able to build up my confidence there.
We have been at the end of January last year and found it quiet and queing at the lifts were non existing. I found it an excellent resort and would recommend it for beginners and early intermediates. You can also go to Auffach which is a nearby resort on the same skipass. There you have more red runs and the area there is bigger than Niederau and have more choice in runs.The runs there are nice and wide. The lift pass is also good value and ski hire wasn't a problem too. Eating and drinking in the mountain restaurants were reasonable too and there is a supermarket where you can buy a drink at lunch time to quench your thirst or if you need a chocolate fix.

The Red ski school in Niederau is very good and there is O'Malleys and the cave bar for evening entertainment.
We have been staying at the Harfenwirt and The Schneeberger Hotel on a half Board basis, both very good and both times on a late deal, booked about a month before we went.

Hope it helps.
Moonshine Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info, I will spend this evening doing a bit of research. I think booking it a bit later might be an idea, we went to Slovenia last year and I spent two months watching the snow forecasts and slowly sinking into a deep depression, funnily enough the snow was almost perfect when we arrived.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saul67, Took the family to Kappl for the last 2 years and loved it. Very quiet slopes and the runs nice and long and not too difficult. http://www.alpenfrieden-kappl.at/index.php?id=13&L=1 Stayed here this year which was excellent, and superb value. If just sticking to Kappl area itself, the lift pass is dirt cheap, but you can get a whole area pass (as we did 1st year and probably not required as we liked the skiing so much in Kappl) or can add a day or two for Ischgl for example. Ski hire etc was very reasonable too*. Great wee village and very overlooked in my opinion from the UK.
The apres ski is actually pretty good too, or even better if going to Ischgl.

*We own our own gear but our friends hired and their daughter got free hire.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy