Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler conditions BEFORE 24th November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am considering a very early trip over to Whistler with a client - roughly 18th to 25th November to be back in time for the PSB in Tignes! It's all expenses paid for me but don't want to be wasting the clients time with a week of walking...

Official opening day this year is 24 November but I know the resorts are ultra competitive over there to be the first to open, and earlier than this is not out of the ordinary. I am expecting just 3 or 4 runs on 1 mountain to be open. Has anyone had any experience or could point me towards some historical data for this??

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Opened early by about a week (I think) last year, and was in pretty good shape. By December it was better than it has been mid season some years. Also since there was a lot of snow and a relatively cool summer, a lot of it never really went away Happy
WB doesn't seem quite the same as the US resorts in trying to get a white ribbon of death open no matter what, but of course being open by US Thanksgiving is probably quite important.

It snowed (a dusting) on the N. Shore mountains (Vancouver) yesterday Happy

WB has historical snow conditions on their website, or one of the guys who post on here has a pretty good weather/conditions blog. Not sure quite how much that'll help for picking a spot time in any particular year however - it could of course go either way!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Stuarth.

Thanks for the info - really helpful. Looks like a fingers crossed deal but not total madness at least....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Diverskify,

I live in Whistler, and have a blog about the snow conditions etc (which I have not started for this season but will be soon). Check my sig....

Anyway, the mountains are looking great and WB is unofficially planning to open the weekend before the 24th, which looks like the 18th or 19th. There will most likely be enough snow to open even earlier, but they wont staff trained by then.....

As for how much will be open, who really knows, but it should be quite decent. Probably only Emerald and Red chair, but with enough coverage to ski most places in those zones.

I do not work for WB or have any affiliation, so this is all my thoughts only.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess it will open early again. But there will not be much to ski so try not to be too disappointed. We normally go Easter but went Dec one year and even then loads of the mountains shut.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy