Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jacket materials

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I’m about to buy a ski jacket so I’ve been doing some research in to in materials ski jackets are made from but I’m not really understanding what’s better than what.
I’ve got to choose from two Trespass jackets.

• waterproof breathable snow jacket.
• Reflective branding.
• 100% polyamide/TPU membrane shell. 100% polyester lining.
• Removable hood.
• The Radium Membrane reduces condensation inside while preventing rain and snow penetrating
• Taped seams.
• Wrist Gaiter
• waist skirt thing

Or this

• snow and ski lightly padded with tricot lining jacket.
• Reflective branding to front with branded zips.
• 94% polyester 6% elastane shell with a PU coating. 100% polyester lining.
• Waterproof, windproof and breathable.
• Adjustable zip off hood.
• Hem drawcord with side adjustment.
• It’s also got a rubber bulgy bit on the sleeve(recco advanved rescue technology ) don’t know if it does anything.
• Wrist Gaiter
• waist skirt thing

I‘m a total noob so I intend on spending a lot of time lying in the snow and I would like to stay dry and warm.
Any idea which one of the two coats would be the best or should I just pick the pretty one????

Thanks paul
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The pretty one.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spec, I've got a Trespass jacket and I think it conforms to the first spec you list. It's also purple and pretty. In fairness I don't ever lie in the snow, but I have worn it in the rain, and in temperatures ranging from -26º to +12º without any weather-related discomfort. There's a lot of snobbery towards these more budget brands but I certainly don't have any complaints.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spec, the recco is a device that can be tracked if the resort you are skiing in has the appropriate equipment to pick up the signal. There is one fitted inside my o'neill jacket. I agree with queen bodecia, both my Trespass jackets are fine, although one is prettier than other Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Recco device makes it easier for the piste device to find you body if you are caught in an avalanche, where as a transceiver makes it easier for the people you are skiing with, the piste patrol or anyone nearby with a transceiver to dig you out of an avalanche alive.

In short go for the best looking one and ignore the recco.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Recco is good for finding dead bodies.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
Recco is good for finding dead bodies.

Or people benighted on the mountain or stuck down tree holes.

Not a replacement for a transceiver of course but they are cheap so why not carry one.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do they both have a waterproof rating, ie

Waterproof 2000mm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Basically there are 4 areas to look for:

Insulated/padded or shell only

Waterproofness in 1000mm

Breathability in g/ m sq

Soft shell/stretch or hard shell.

The higher the numbers on the waterproofness and breathability the better (& more costly the jacket) though confusingly not all brands are directly comparable Also the finish quality improves with price.

Just my opinion but generally shells are better designed than padded jackets at comparable price points.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy