Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi, I am looking for a ski-job or volunteering during about 3 months

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, i am searching for some work or volunteering at some chalet or ski-resort,
- just for an opportunity to live and ski for free in the Alps.
Money is not a big thing for me, i just exited of opportunity to live and work close to the mountains.
I will be able to stay during about 3 months, i have some working skills,and skiing skills for sure.
So if someone will be interested - i can send you my resume with a recent photo.
Or maybe you know someone who needs some stuff...
I am female, thirty y.o., from russia, friendly,sporty, open-minded person.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 28-10-11 14:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

It might be worth taking a look at www.natives.co.uk who list a lot of ski season jobs. Typically you will get your accommodation, food, liftpass and travel paid, plus some pocket money which will cover day-to-day expenses.

Good luck with your season!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi again,

It is worth as well looking at hotels, restaurants and bars in Courcheval. This is the most popular Russian resort and there are a lot of jobs for fluent English and Russian speakers. Especially look for jobs like reception where your languages will be useful.

Good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
naturall ski, Welcome to snowHeads. If you are genuine and looking to work a season then follow Snow and Sunshine advice.

Snow and Sunshine, well done for stepping up and the lack of cynicism, this was becoming painful to watch.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow and Sunshine, thank you for advices, i appreciate a lot))
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snakeskin Si, wink

naturall ski, I wish you all the best for your season
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
naturall ski,
If you’re really keen you could call the tourist information office in Madonna di Campiglio and speak to them – they have now employed some Russian speakers. This office maintains a list of temp jobs around the town in bars, hotels, piste, etc

If you want to find the town that that has changed winter population the most in recent years in the Alps/Dolomites you should look at MdC. Almost 60% of ALL private accommodation has been purchased over the last few years, by Russians (at crazy prices), so you should be able to pick up some work if you have English Italian and Russian.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Im sure there are some benevolent snowheads who might take you up on your kind offer. You might want to clarify your visitor status in terms of how long you are allowed to stay in Europe.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know you said the Alps, but there were some Russian girls working in the Outlet Stores in Silverthorne, Colorado USA the last time I checked. IIRC the manager of the Izod store was Russian. We are doing Chalet Frisco as self-catered this year, but next year might consider a fully catered option in which case I might be able to accommodate someone like yourself. I should add that this is only 4 bedroom Chalet and I would set it up so that whoever worked there got a chance to do a lot of skiing. I got in 90+ days myself last season. PM with resume if you would like me to keep you in mind. I'm in Europe this year, so let me know where you end up and we might have a chance to meet up.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OP, as English is not your first language I think you should be warned that "volunteering" is nixmap's little joke and isn't a term that would normally be used in this context.

You might "volunteer" to help with charity work.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I should add, that a handful of Russians work elsewhere in CO. Here is me with a few friends from Aspen

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 3-11-11 12:09; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MEfree30, want to link to a smaller image please?!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
is it ok now
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MEfree30, that's great thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I will be able to stay during about 3 months...
snow conditions
Wayne, thank you for the link)
latest report
James the Last wrote:
OP, as English is not your first language I think you should be warned that "volunteering" is nixmap's little joke and isn't a term that would normally be used in this context.

You might "volunteer" to help with charity work.

I think Shes got it exactlly right, as money doest seem to be the big issue..
In think our place is better suited for a couple though, all things considered.

Nix.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy