Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Competent and Possibly Incompetent Skier:Serre Chevalier: between 29 Feb and 12 March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any Snowheads who are fonts of all knowledge re this area please: Planning a trip for myself ( seasoned but average skier) and best mate (complete novice and has never skied...) for 5oth birthday treat ( while we can still move freeely without walking aids). Planning on New Gen for sep ski schools in the am and then off to lunch and then play in afternoons. Questions:
a) Is this good choice as never been there before? But had heard good things. Should snow be OK then or should I look elsewhere.
b) Cheapest way of getting there/staying? Any good recommendations welcome
c) Good choice of ski school?
d) Good restos
e) Any other ideas for cheaper way of doing this. Thought it would be better as not in school hols but no bargains spotted yet!
Just wish I could make PSB with Snowheads

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tinabf, those weeks are still in the French holidays, so will be quite busy but if you want to sort something out sooner, and book lessons with New Gen, either PM me, or email Melanie at Eurekaski.com who can sort u out with accommodation and lessons (New Gen is run by her husband). I've got some availability in my apartment still. Flights to Turin with BA (Gatwick) usually work out pretty reasonable, and transfers can be arranged with the Alpine TRansfer company if you don't want to drive from the airport. You can also use Grenoble airport.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and the snow should be fine then. Monetier has the hot baths for an afternoon treat. Lots of good restaurants on the mountain, your beginner can download from some of them too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells,

Very interested in finding out more. Have actually e mailed Eurekaski already but only just now. More info re your appt please. What is diff in transfer and price for Turin and Grenoble -which wd you reommend and why? Thanks !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had lessons with New Gen and thought they were great. Different resort though.

Morning lessons is a good choice as it gives you a chance to practice after your lesson. Mine were in the afternoon and I felt I didn't have enough time to put new skills in practice for long enough straight after the lesson.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tinabf, my apartment website is in my signature. Check the availability page for vacant dates,and there is a discount for SnowHeads. We are 200m from the chairlifts and the NewGen meeting point. I prefer Turin, as I think it is less likely to be closed in bad weather than the road from Grenoble. Prices for transfers here http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com/en/transfers/pricing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having said that we drive there usually.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tinabf, I did the Grand Aigle, le Bez (Villeneuve) via Rocket Ski around a similar time (mid-March) a couple of season's ago - they seem to offer an HB F & T deal for £489 at the moment. Although on the basic side, the place was actually fine, food good, access good. Can be a scramble in the boot room, especially if there are large groups there then.

I'd certainly consider the place again.

That would, of course, probably mean going over to Monetier for New gen. Another vote for them BTW, though it was 7 years or so ago that I used them - a whole week's worth of 2.5 hours a day. And well worth it.

As for SC, there are some excellent areas to learn in and progress to, plus some good options to ski together that allow a sense of travel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Newgen certainly a great ski school from my experience of them at the EoSB last year, second week in the mountains after learning and a few practice sessions at Tamworth and they had me carving down the blues and getting down moguly reds (with no trouble but admittedly little style!) by the middle of the week.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tinabf, re Chasseur's suggestion of the hotel in Le Bez. You could still use NewGen in MOnetier, as she could get the ski bus there as it runs every 20 minutes and stops by the lifts.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you for all answers. Especially Hells Bells. Sorry - cant afford your appt but it looks very ncie. Thx for infor re Monetier as I was trying to figure out if we cd get to New Gen anyway but wd like to avoid too much schleppping as I do nto want to put friend off skiing.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went to Serre Chev with a mixed group. It included four beginners and a one weeker. All had a fab time and really progressed well. It seemed to be a good resort for beginners. We did go out of French holidays though and I hear like most French resorts it is rammed in them. We went middle march and although the snow was a bit soft by the end of the day it wasn't too bad considering the general lack of snow all season. My friends were in ESF lessons which they really enjoyed. Hope you and your friend have a good time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tinabf, are those dates set in stone? If I had to go skiing then, I wouldn't go to France (and I have an apartment in France, so am certainly not biased against the country - just biased against lift queues). wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another vote of confidence for Gavin at New Gen - we can recommend - he did some great lessons for our boys.

We were in Serre Che during school holidays and didn't find the queues too bad.

Lots of things to do both on and off slopes - the baths at Monetier are a must
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy