Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone booking for Japan look here...

Poster: A snowHead
If you're looking at booking for Japan this season, look at this offer. Just got it emailed having visited their stand at the ski show.

http://www.japanskiexperience.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Niseko-Ski-Show-Special.pdf?utm_source=London+Ski+Show&utm_campaign=a61d0febca-metro_win_an_iPad_210_18_2011&utm_medium=email

Hope it helps some snowhead(s) snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good guys. Will do very well to get a better deal than that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oh that's tempting. hope they did it again next year!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope to be good enough to appreciate skiing in Japan one day, not in the market at the moment, but I agree that price looks very competitive. Do you think the tour operators are struggling a bit this year with image/PR issues (I'm trying to avoid punning with "fallout") from the nuclear incident? (Don't shoot me down, I'm not saying there's any reason for concern, but I'm just wondering if some people will be wrongly wary anyway.) Maybe this is just a cracking deal though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly - thanks! not for me (not this year), but might be for a friend of mine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chatting to the Japan reps at London show they said the whole of the tourist industry in Japan was struggling due to Fukushima
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
this is an amazing offer, unreal.
i so hope they continue it next season as i'll be on it like a car bonnet
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dang - doesn't say includes lift pass but pretty good. Note to check how much extra leave I can buy back for next year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Perhaps just turning up will work out fine then.

Flights are £550 plus your internal flight booked only two months in advance probably one night at least in tokyo possibly two.
Not sure what the hotel and internal flight would be on top plus ski/board charges but if someone knows roughly and is up to speed for early feb?
This would help outline a trip?

The accomo would be available if the resort is in a downturn and is probably the key difference.
Again no idea on this for niseko if just rolling in but I have never been on a package.

Givern the weather decides pow ,you pick a optimal time like early feb, winging it may be alot of fun but probably a 2 or 3 week minimum.

I,m weighing this up can anyone add any additional info or thoughts positive or negative.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds like a great deal but when I actually ran the figures its not competive to doing it yourself - even with similar accomdation.

I was getting a 2 week holiday out there for less than 2grand and that was including lift pass and the extra days of accomdation - and that was a really nice place looking on to the slopes. It could be done a lot cheaper if you are willing to sacrafice location in the village.

Its not a bad deal, just can be done cheaper and with better flight connections if you take the time to do it. I'd rather do an overnight in Sapporo and visit the Snow Festival than doing the stop over in Tokyo - personal choice though.

Plus if you are going all that way it would be rude not to stay for 2 weeks Toofy Grin

In saying that, if you have never been out there and dont have the time to reaseach then you would certainly be in good hands with these guys.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smclean0, Busy getting my head around Niseko trip for 12/13 big trip, 2 weeks planned end January 13. Going to do DIY, who did you fly with (Cathay/ Japan etc), where is best to stay (your really nice place as above), and who do you fly/ get transfer with? What about guides/ other resorts for days out?

Any tips greatfully received............early days but srious about it.
Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smclean0, PM me if you prefer rather than diverting this thread!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29, would also like similiar info so happy for smclean0, to post it on here Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Great, Japan will be full of SH's eh?!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29, kitenski, will get back with proper details across the weekend. To be honest it would proably be better to speak on phone as there are lots of different considerations for your own personal tastes.

I've organised 3 trips over there, the first 2 were for 3 people and the last one was for 8 people. I wouldn't say I'm an expert on Niseko but could certainly give you a lot of information on it.
snow report
smclean0, Great, if you could PM me your mobile no and best time to call next week and I'll call you...........maybe same for kitenski?

Thanks for your help, really keen for your info...........
snow report
Markymark29, kitenski, Sorry for delay but have sent you both my number now.

Hopefully speak soon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy